Craft Beer in Detroit?

I’m headed to Detroit area for a quick work trip. Any tips on places to go?

Somewhere else?

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

That’s pretty much what I have been thinking since the trip was scheduled. I did find a place that had a decent Oatmeal IPA, but the growler was clear glass…don’t think I have seen that before. The beer ended up being decent though.

There are a lot of good breweries though. You won’t be dissapointed with keenlands or dragon mead. Google them.

If there is any city that needs some good beer it’s Detroit.
I sure hope that they make a big come back. :cry:

Detroit Beer Co. across from the Opera House. Good beer and stone fired pizza.

Detroit is still a thing? What are you doing, dumping five gallons of infected beer? :twisted:

strangely enough, I am here for an Automotive Quality conference. I discovered a place in Plymouth called Liberty St Brewing. They had a good Farmhouse IPA, which was really a Saison hopped like an IPA. Their standard IPA offering was not great though. The brewery was nice and small and the staff was really friendly.

I may check out the Detroit Beer Co. on my way to the airport tonight.

There is a “world class” brewery in downtown Detroit. They have been “Busy gathering the best equipment and the finest ingredients available in order to construct a world class brewery and brew beer right here in DOWNTOWN DETROIT.”
I haven’t had the privilege of touring the facility, but I hear it’s badass. :shock:

http://americanbadassbeer.com/home/

Shucks, the best beer in Detroit area comes from Mullerbrau. I was in Atlanta or I would have invited you over. We always have great beer on tap.

In Atlanta and didn’t contact…For shame! :shock:

I ended up at a place called Royal Oaks. It was the best IPA I had in detroit. Good place, nice atmosphere, knowledgable staff and food was good too. I would go back there if I had to return to Mo-Town.

[quote=“jra173”]I ended up at a place called Royal Oaks. It was the best IPA I had in detroit. Good place, nice atmosphere, knowledgable staff and food was good too. I would go back there if I had to return to Mo-Town.[/quote]Royal Oak is only 4 miles south of me.

I think badass beer is owned by Kid Rock.

yes it is and it is horrible.

Haha. My wife is from Saint Clair MI so I make it up that way a few times a year. Never had the badass beer though!