Craft Beer Certification courses - Madison, WI

So you get a check from Social Security, the Air Force and a check from the education institution. Air Force retirement… I can agree with, tax payers footing the bill for “your effort” at a school, you make it sound like you’re owed that money. What about every other worker who doesn’t get a pension, what makes you so special? Down with teachers unions and pensions. You fund your own retirement like everyone else.

So you get a check from Social Security, the Air Force and a check from the education institution. Air Force retirement… I can agree with, tax payers footing the bill for “your effort” at a school, you make it sound like you’re owed that money. What about every other worker who doesn’t get a pension, what makes you so special? Down with teachers unions and pensions. You fund your own retirement like everyone else.[/quote]

down with douchery

You’d probably benefit from the oral and written communication classes at your local tech college. Friendly piece of advice, skip the beer class and learn to communicate first.

You’d probably benefit from the oral and written communication classes at your local tech college. Friendly piece of advice, skip the beer class and learn to communicate first.[/quote]

no ned i gotten my grade 10

I think the OP just thought it was kinda cool that the tech college was offering instructional courses related to our hobby. I really didn’t read into it more than that.

Hey Manfred, come back and join us when you’re off the rag.

[quote=“Steeler D”]I think the OP just thought it was kinda cool that the tech college was offering instructional courses related to our hobby. I really didn’t read into it more than that.
[/quote]
Yeah, I would consider taking a couple of those if I lived in Madison. A hell of a lot cheaper than what Siebel offers in Chicago.

shit, if they do an off flavor tasting that is worth it right there. Those kits are expensive…

How many received a good steady job in IT, what percentage? That’s the real question. The statistics on these things are about as reliable as my old truck. It was Found On Road Dead.

[quote=“Steeler D”]I think the OP just thought it was kinda cool that the tech college was offering instructional courses related to our hobby. I really didn’t read into it more than that.

Hey Manfred, come back and join us when you’re off the rag.[/quote]

Can’t make reasonable arguments on the internet and need to resort to personal insults? Attend a communications class at your local technical college.

• See the college for details. Additional fees and charges may apply.

If they do, aren’t you paying for it in your tuition? Technical schools also offer basic math and accounting classes… or so I’ve been told.

How many received a good steady job in IT, what percentage? That’s the real question. The statistics on these things are about as reliable as my old truck. It was Found On Road Dead.

Hey Manfred, come back and join us when you’re off the rag.[/quote]

Can’t make reasonable arguments on the internet and need to resort to personal insults? Attend a communications class at your local technical college.

• See the college for details. Additional fees and charges may apply.[/quote]

Why pay for classes he should just take the advice you give and read internet forums… :blah:

If they do, aren’t you paying for it in your tuition? Technical schools also offer basic math and accounting classes… or so I’ve been told.[/quote]

tuition is cheaper than the kit doucher

[quote=“BrewingRover”][quote=“Steeler D”]I think the OP just thought it was kinda cool that the tech college was offering instructional courses related to our hobby. I really didn’t read into it more than that.
[/quote]
Yeah, I would consider taking a couple of those if I lived in Madison. A hell of a lot cheaper than what Siebel offers in Chicago.[/quote]

So a technical college ‘Craft Brewing Certificate’ vs. a Siebel institute ‘Master Brewing Diploma’?

Which carries more weight?

If they do, aren’t you paying for it in your tuition? Technical schools also offer basic math and accounting classes… or so I’ve been told.[/quote]

tuition is cheaper than the kit doucher[/quote]

Interesting.

What is the cost of tuition for this beer class?

•$210.00 per community service credit, plus materials fee;
•$10.39 per credit Madison Campus’ supplemental fee;
•$3.25 per credit Regional Campus’ supplemental fee;
•$46.00 commuter services supplemental fee charged to all students taking at least one degree credit at a Madison location.

What is the cost of an off flavor tasting kit?

$149

http://cicerone.org/off-flavor

You were saying?

The Interent assumes intelligence. The ability to decipher between that which is good advice and that which is not so good.

Read the posts, advices and recipes given the likes of Denny, AJDelange, MABrungard, BYO magazine etc… and he’ll do just fine.

[quote]

What is the cost of tuition for this beer class?

•$210.00 per community service credit, plus materials fee;
•$10.39 per credit Madison Campus’ supplemental fee;
•$3.25 per credit Regional Campus’ supplemental fee;
•$46.00 commuter services supplemental fee charged to all students taking at least one degree credit at a Madison location.

What is the cost of an off flavor tasting kit?

$149

http://cicerone.org/off-flavor

You were saying?[/quote]

not a full kit…250 plus shipping…you were saying

http://www.siebelinstitute.com/products ... ining-kits

[quote=“grainbelt”]not a full kit…250 plus shipping…you were saying

http://www.siebelinstitute.com/products ... ining-kits[/quote]

You aren’t drinking ATM are you? I believe they still have openings in the basic math classes and reading comprehension. I’ll even help you sign up!

[quote=“grainbelt”]not a full kit…250 plus shipping…you were saying

http://www.siebelinstitute.com/products ... ining-kits[/quote]

You aren’t drinking ATM are you? I believe they still have openings in the basic math classes and reading comprehension. I’ll even help you sign up![/quote]

250 for the kit
40 bucks shipping
20 bucks for a case of BMC

[quote=“grainbelt”]
250 for the kit
40 bucks shipping
20 bucks for a case of BMC[/quote]

Beer Brewing and Service Essentials
http://programs.madisoncollege.edu/programs/continuing-education/beer-brewing-and-serving-essentials/

Beer Brewing Science Microbiology and Fermentation
http://programs.madisoncollege.edu/programs/continuing-education/beer-brewing-science-microbiology-and-fermentaion/

Prefer Old Style, maybe Schlitz :lol:

My piece of paper from a 3 month course turned my hobby into a career :roll:

Seriously? Where/What 3 month course was that?

Was it a $300 technical college class?

Are you happy in your “career”?

Most importantly, do you have a pension?