Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

CPVC inline ball valve problem

I made a Denny-tun and used a cpvc inline valve on some cpvc tubing. I really like it, but the valve is a bitch to turn. I need to use two hands to open it and that makes the varlauf (sp?) pretty awkward. Anyone out there with a solution? Wear and tear makes it easier? Food-grade lube? Thanks.

wow, I have this same problem. i have exercised the valve plenty, and its still hard to turn. what I found is that you don’t have to turn it ALL the way to the off position for the valve to actually be closed. this helps with vorlaufing because you don’t have to fight with the first 1/8th of a turn to get it to flow. hopefully it will loosen up!

Rather than shutting it off while vorlaufing, just bring your hose up higher than the liquid level in your cooler.

[quote=“Glug Master”]Rather than shutting it off while vorlaufing, just bring your hose up higher than the liquid level in your cooler.[/quote]+1 You should only have to close the valve once (at the start of the brew day) and open it once (to start draining to the kettle, although you might want to start the flow slower at first and open it up more as the grain bed sets).

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com