Corn sugar vs table sugar for carbing

I do like the Simplicity amber and dark candi syrups though. I suppose you could make something similar at home out of table sugar.

I do like the Simplicity amber and dark candi syrups though. I suppose you could make something similar at home out of table sugar.[/quote]

The syrups are totally different and do really make a difference, unlike the candi rocks. They are made with a variety of sugars and are almost impossible to duplicate at home.

Be sure to do a blind triangle tasting so your foreknowledge doesn’t prejudice your perceptions.[/quote]

Just to double check…does a triangle tasting assume 2 samples of one of the beers and 1 sample of the other?

Yep. Pick out the one that’s different.

Table sugar works great for priming. My first couple of batches were the typical can of malt, 3 Lbs of corn sugar in 5 gallons. They came out cidery. You just don’t want to use more than 20% sugar as your total fermentables. I also use table sugar in tripels and a mix of white table sugar and Belgian Dark Syrup in my Strong Darks. It works great.

OMG! Are you serious? I can’t believe anyone would do such a thing.*

• :wink: