Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Controller for keezer: where'd you mount yours?

I’m finalizing the build of my keezer and was just wondering where you guys have mounted your controller (I’ve got a blue johnson digital controller)?

Side or back of the collar? Obviously I want easy access but I’d prefer not to stare at it all the time. Is there a happy medium?

cheers.

Mine is just hanging around, but I’d say the side of the collar would be the best to have access to, hide it a bit and not bust a freon line.

Right now, it is just zip tied to one of the hinges. looks tacky, but is certainly accessible. I’m looking for easy access and not tacky.

:cheers:

Mine is just lying on the floor. You can’t really see it unless you walk around the back of it, no big deal to me.

You my friend obviously don’t have enough OCD running thru your veins.

:cheers: [/quote]
I sure don’t! I’ve recently switched from a two tap tower, fridge style kegerator to a chest freezer with picnic taps. They’re so much easier to deal with. For me, it’s more about function over looks.

:cheers: [/quote]

I can sympathize. I have mine on a chain, hooked to the backside of the chest freezer. So, it can be easily accessed if need be, but otherwise its out of sight, out of mind. As for “needing to access it”… if it’s just for maintaining keg temps, you probably won’t need to check it much past the first couple weeks.

Sitting right on top, but it has an LCD that I like to see. I can lift the lids halfway without moving it or I can just slide it between the two if I’m moving cornys or buckets.

mine is hanging from a picture hanger on the side.

Mine is on the back with some Velcro. I don’t ever touch it and I would prefer it to be out of sight so that any little kids don’t adjust it and freeze all my beer.

Velcro! That’s genius in its simplicity!

My Johnson controller is hanging from two small screws on the back of the collar, using the slots in the backplate. Its nice because it is easily removed and rehung if I need to fool with it.

I mounted it there just last night - its a brand-spanking new keezer.

Mine is mounted on the side of a cabinet/hutch next to my keezer. This way it’s just off to the side, but also at eye level. I also use the screw slots on the back in case I ever need to move it.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com