Conditioning Question

I fermented out fully my California Common. Hit my gravity target and determined that the fermentation is complete. I fermented in a Speidel 30L Plastic Fermenter and then racked it to a corny keg (cleared the O2) and dropped my temp to 50 degrees F.

I plan to let it condition at 50 degrees for a few weeks, and I was wondering if there was any reason to transfer again to another clean corny keg via a jumper line? I was told that I would get “cleaner” beer by doing so, but I feel that this could just be another step where something could go wrong or that I am adding unnecessary hassle.

Currently, if I cold condition I just leave it in the conditioning keg and that serves as my serving keg. I usually just bring the temp within 5 degrees of my serving temp to avoid a chill haze. However, if I can get a better product by transferring from the conditioning keg to a serving keg then I am all ears.

All input is appreciated.

:cheers:

I don’t think it’s needed. You’re almost kind of cold crashing in the keg, which is fine. I am pretty sure that the first pint or so from the keg will be sediment/undrinkable, but after that you should have clear and tasty beer.

Thanks Templar. I figured it was just an added extra step, but wanted to make sure.

:cheers: