Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Conditioning after Primary?

I just finished racking two ales into the kegs after they reached their final gravity readings. My question is, How long, and at what tempetures should I store them at. One is a 115th Hop Bursted and the other, my first All Grain, Stone Pale Ale Clone. Many suggested skipping the whole secondary thing all together (oxizdation). What would you recommend???

For ales I usually go right from primary to keg then I add any finnings. from there I go right into the kegorator and do the set and forget method of carbonation for atleast 2 or 3 weeks. I usually go a full 2 weeks in the primary fementation. The first beer or two will be cloudy but clear after that.

I don’t have room in my kegerator to store all of my kegs. Mine get stored around 67F under pressure.

Same with me. I have my kegerator, then a lagering/carbonation refrigerator and what won’t fit in those two just sit fully kegged on my basement floor. I have a couple of extra C02 tanks and regulators and have thought about “set and forget” at room temps, but with the pipeline, there is really not much point. I can only drink so much beer.

So if I am reading this correctly, To kegerator, set and forget. Or And if I don’t have enough space leave at room Temp. for two weeks?

Yea, I don’t think there is any limit to how long to condition before carbonating. Especially with big beers. Seem like lots of people like their IPA’s and hoppy beers pretty young though

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com