Cloudy Bitter

I sampled a Bitter that is not quite bottled conditioned last nigh out of curiosity last night. When bottling, I noticed it was very cloudy. When poured last night and viewed, it is extremely cloudy. After the bottle conditioning is complete, can I refrigerate and reduce the cloudiness??

You use Maris Otter? A lot of my bitters come out kind of cloudy in spite of my efforts with water. Haven’t been doing a protein rest. really I don’t care, they taste good. But for a comp I’d try and get it more clear. I tried gelatin and that wasn’t too successful.

I personally don’t have that problem with my bitters and maris otter. I don’t rush them either though. Usually a month in primary>keg with gelatin. And they have been super clear.

how quick are you turning these around? And what yeast?

This was the British Bitter extract kit with the dry yeast. I did start the yeast the day before as I have had better results that way.

3.15 lbs Maris Otter malt syrup late addition

DRY YEAST (DEFAULT):
Danstar Windsor Ale Yeast.

You might just need to refrigerate it for a bit, sometimes that helps a beer clear.

I do tend to rush mine to keg a bit, fermentatino is usually done in two weeks and I keg then. I’ve been using WLP013 lately but before that it was either S04 or the West Yorkshire yeast. I don’t think its the yeast but then these are drier finishing yeast which means they hang out in the beer a little longer.

[quote=“Fireman181”]This was the British Bitter extract kit with the dry yeast. I did start the yeast the day before as I have had better results that way.

3.15 lbs Maris Otter malt syrup late addition

DRY YEAST (DEFAULT):
Danstar Windsor Ale Yeast.[/quote]

how long between brew date and bottling?

brew date to bottling 2 weeks per instructions

I personally think you needed longer to let everything to drop out. And cold crashing really helps.

That is pretty quick. Whose instructions?