Cloudy Beer

Hi BJS***Ohio, yes, you can leave it too long, but you are far from that. Typical ales can go for a couple months in the primary and will still carb up nicely in the bottle without needing any additional yeast added. I’ll usually leave my ales for 3-4 weeks before thinking about transferring them. Stronger beers and lagers often go longer.

Ken, based on the pictures you’ve posted for your beers, your process is obviously working. But I think you might be surprised at how crystal clear the beer can get without finings if your brew-day process is tuned in. Not every one of my beers pours crystal clear, but when they don’t it is almost always in beers that due to the style I don’t expect to be too clear.

My point exactly. Beers that have had extra attention given to detail from the start seem to clear better with less effort. Beers that were not made properly (or were just thrown together) can make for a beer that just doesn’t want to clear. It seems like my pale beers may suffer from this more than others but I am learning. I have had some pale beers in the past that had a stubborn haze after months at 35° and the entire time the keg was being served all the way to the last glass. Probably a high mash pH.