Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Cleaning keg posts

Since I have more kegs than taps, I switch beers frequently. I was wondering what people use to clean their keg posts before hooking up another beer. Would alcohol wipes be alright or just spraying some sanitizer on them? Thanks

I always spray starsan on posts before hooking them up and after removing anything

I just wipe them clean, but I always clean then sanitize the lines and connectors before switching to a new keg. Not a single case of contamination or infection in four years of doing this…

X2 on this, I keep a spray bottle of Starsan (a bit stronger than normal) near my keezer. I also spray it into the plastic connecter.

This ^^^,

and this ^^^ but only two years.

:cheers:

[quote=“Scalded Dog”]

X2 on this, I keep a spray bottle of Starsan (a bit stronger than normal) near my keezer. I also spray it into the plastic connecter.[/quote]

Good point, I spray inside both connectors before connecting and after removing.

X2 on this, I keep a spray bottle of Starsan (a bit stronger than normal) near my keezer. I also spray it into the plastic connecter.[/quote]
Same here. Can never be too careful.

I never gave it a thought and I have 21 kegs. If there’s beer on it, I just wipe clean with a paper towel.

Yeah, this. I use warm water and cotton cloth, but same difference.

+1. They get cleaned when I clean the keg after it’s kicked. I don’t do anything when hooking up a new keg. I do give ALL parts a good cleaning once a year when I break the entire system down and soak in oxyclean, replace lines, etc… and it’s about that time of year.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com