First time home brewer here. Did my first home brew a couple weeks ago (NB Irish Red extract kit) and am excited to see how it turns out. Everything seems to be going good so far with the fermination, but Im still stuck with one issue.
When I was boiling the wort, I figure I poured the malt extract in too quickly, as I now have some burnt on residue on the bottom of my kettle. I have tried soaking the kettle with water and soap, boiling regular water, and boiling with water & vinager, all with very little success. I have read not to use steel wool or other hard material on stainless steel, but I figured I would ask the home brew experts what the best way is to solve this issue.