Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Cleaning Beer Lines

How often do you clean your beer lines?

I disassemble and flush with every keg change. If I see a deposit in the line after the flush, I hit it with beer line cleaner. Just this week, the line cleaner couldn’t get the crud off. So I had to hit it with a lye solution. First time I ever had to do that.

I keep a keg of starsan next to the keezer…(unless i absolutely need said keg)
I flush the lines after each killed keg. I replace the line every 1-2 years as needed.

Lately I have been running cleaner through a couple time a week. But this is not really for the lines, more for preventing crud building up in my faucets.

When I finally get perliks in a few months, I will probably go back to flushing my lines once a month or so.

I push oxyclean then starsan through every few kegs (2-3). I break down the entire system, clean everything possible, and replace the lines once a year.

Hey Scuba - I just noticed you’re in Delhi, New York. Do you know Sam Gribley?

Just started reading “My Side of the Mountain” to my homeroom class today. Love that book. :cheers:

I run PBW through between kegs. And replace lines annually.

Hey Scuba - I just noticed you’re in Delhi, New York. Do you know Sam Gribley?

Just started reading “My Side of the Mountain” to my homeroom class today. Love that book. :cheers: [/quote]
Awesome book! I read it when I was a kid and every time I went in the woods I looked for a hollow tree I could move into.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com