Cigars and Beer

Cubans are largely hype. People say that they’re great because of the history and that until recently, they were the “forbidden fruit.” And they are indeed expensive.

Truth be told, when Castro took over Cuba, he took over the cigar industry as well and threw the families that had been producing cigars for years out of the industry. Those families left Cuba and set up shop in other countries. They worked to continue to produce good cigars and expand the lines. Produce new blends that interest more people and the like. Production out of Cuba has stagnated, little or no new blends and the tobacco doesn’t typically get aged very long.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I have no interest in buying a $20+ Cuban that boasts 3 year old tobacco when I can catch a deal and pick up cigars with 10+ year old tobacco for $3.50 a stick.

1 Like

Amen to that. Give me a nice hand rolled Honduran over most Cubans anyday

1 Like

Hand rolled, yes sir! Sneezles61

Hand rolled right in front of you is another delicacy I get to enjoy here. Weston Tobacco does a fine job. :smile:

Me smoke marlboro. But during brew sessions. Have a brew and sigar. Must say love the santa domingo sigars

1 Like

Probably took a wrong turn… Sneezles61