Cigars and Beer

Tonight having a Cohiba Siglo VI and a RIS I affectionately named Souleater. Super malty and 10.6. A sipper. Chimnea fired up, dog at my feet, super moon on the rise… Quasi paradise.

Only way this could be better is if it was a DConn BVIP and Lebron was hanging with.

Peace

1 Like

man that sounds good I love a good cigar and a good beer.

New brewery and tap room near me has been having cigar and beer events. I haven’t been to one yet. I had one of their early release beers an 11% barrel aged cherry infused imperial stout. I didn’t expect to like it. I was pleasantly surprised. At it’s core it was just a really awesome stout.

Based on your above mentioned taste in beers and the name of your stout I think you might dig their beers and their vibe.

http://www.adroit-theory.com/

If you smoke a cigar with my beer, I’ll be forced to hunt you down… :wink:

I quit smoking 30 yrs ago, but If I was doing a pairing Knob Creek and a cigar might do well. I have to work hard at smelling and tasting when it comes to beer, so cigars are out for me. Those beers sound great tho.

Oh Denny…

Glad to see I’m not the only one who enjoys a fine cigar with a beer! I had an Undercrown last night with a brown ale I brewed while I took my dog for a walk.

1 Like

Nice Padron 4000 with a solid Irish Red last night watching the sunset. Fantastic. :cheers:

maybe I’ll have to try it with more styles, but unless its a big 'ol RIS or other beer with some substantial booze, if I’ve lit up a cigar in the past, I’ll usually reach for some sort of whiskey.

You boys may be on to something.

Better go strong if your cigar is competing with an IPA or even a dry-hopped Pale. Haban or Sumatra.

I do notice a quality Connecticut wrapped mild-medium goes well with a dry stout as well.

Cheap cigars and quality beer…forget it. But then again, who drinks non-quality beer??? :o

[quote=“Pietro”]maybe I’ll have to try it with more styles, but unless its a big 'ol RIS or other beer with some substantial booze, if I’ve lit up a cigar in the past, I’ll usually reach for some sort of whiskey.

You boys may be on to something.[/quote]

I’ve found that it really takes a bit of testing and care when selecting a cigar and beer combo. I have a tendency to like more medium/full cigars and tend towards the darker wrappers. But pairing some of those with a stout and you get a charcoal flavor. OTOH, if you pair too mild of a cigar with a fuller flavored beer, then the beer overpowers the cigar. If I have a good cigar and I’m in doubt of what to pair it with, I usually go with a local ruby port wine, just to be on the safe side.

Brown ales seem to go pretty good with most of the cigars I like, FWIW.

[/quote]

Brown ales seem to go pretty good with most of the cigars I like, FWIW.[/quote]

Indeed. Brown ale and Irish Red go well with many strengths and wrappers of fine cigars.

Tonight I am going to have no beer but Quesada Tributo Alvarito is right next to me.

My brew partner. Like to smoke a cigar do like the smell most the time during the brew session he is the time keeper. Having a brew and a smoke. My self got a bad habbit. I do smoke way to much sigarets. But no smoking for me during the brew. I walk away from the brewing kettle to smoke one

Cubans should be available pretty soon.

And, until they are, you can fly to Havana and enjoy them! The food’s good, the rum’s good, and the cigars are GREAT - it isn’t just hype; they really are the best cigars I’ve ever smoked!

Fished in Canada every year from 1976 to 1996. Don’t remember the exact year I noticed the cigars in stores and gas stations, but Cuban cigars were part of the offerings.

There is a store in philly. On southstreet he does have them some dutch dude who does own the store. Here on bonaire they do sell them. But acourding my brewbuddy way to expensive

Oh the Dutch masters cigars ? I’ve had those.

I don’t smoke them anymore but I walked by a place in New Orleans last weekend advertising Cuban Cigars. I thought maybe they were here already?