Christmas Gift

So what is everyone hoping to get for Christmas? I have my eyes on a chugger pump, refractometer, or maybe a counter pressure filler.

The closest thing to beer related for me this year is a new deap fryer - to make wings to go along with my beer. My last one konked out a few months ago.

I floated a few hints re a new BK. Specifically the 15gal blichman boilermaker.

Marks keg cleaner, 15 gallon kettle, byo subscription.

Honestly, there’s nothing I really need. But I’m intrigued by the big mouth bubblers.

I’m in the same boat with El Capitan, nothing I really NEED. Been throwing around the idea to SWMBO of building a temp controlled room in the unfinished side of the basement so I have a temp controlled room (cellar) that could double as a walk-in-fridge…

I have that planned as a winter project. We have a small, unfinished room under the stairs in our basement. There’s a surplus of aluminum sheets at work

that I could line it with.

What do you plan on cooling with?

I’ve looked at some portable AC units that vent through a 4" hose. That would be a nice gift. :wink:

A pump would be well received also.

I have that planned as a winter project. We have a small, unfinished room under the stairs in our basement. There’s a surplus of aluminum sheets at work

that I could line it with.

What do you plan on cooling with?

I’ve looked at some portable AC units that vent through a 4" hose. That would be a nice gift. :wink:

A pump would be well received also.[/quote]

I’m with you on just an AC through the wall. I read up on coolbot and really only need it if you are trying to use it for a fridge. Of course, you could try to bypass the thermostat or try to wire it through the wall to have it run continuously and ditch the $300 for a coolbot.

Get some rigid foam to insulate that aluminum and you will be in business.

SWMBO said I have to finish the kitchen and the 3rd bath before I can build a walk-n though… :frowning:

I’m asking for this

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Ba ... oduct.html

I’m hoping for a grain mill. It just might be a gift to myself!

Hmmm. What I really want is a Morebeer temp controlled conical. But that’s not going to happen. :frowning: The only other thing that I can think of asking for is a Blichmann burner with the leg extensions.

I’d really like a SS 25 gallon HLT. I’m tired of always having to add another 6-10 gallons of water to my keg during the sparge. There’s one on eBay predrilled for spigot and thermo for about $112.48 shipped free.

25 gallon HLT
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131029173045?var=430215541035&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1716wt_2054