Christmas gift for husband

I have to admit that I’m a bit put off by the NRA like “protect your rights” tactics of AHA renewal methods. A subscription to Zymurgy years ago had more charm and less the feeling of doing something to “protect my rights”.
And speaking of back issues, I have the Kathy Ireland home brewing super model issue. She should open a craft brewery, she has the bucks from her home furniture biz.

AHA membership, BYO subscription, NB gift certificate, all of the above. Can’t go wrong with any of those.

Thanks everyone. Think I will start with the AHA membership, and there’s a few little items I planned on getting anyway, pint glasses things like that. What I’d really like to find is a Yuengling tap handle for our converted fridge. I’ve seen them on their website, so may need to go pick one out that will work.

The only thing I can’t bring myself to spring for and desperately want is a refractometer. While it’s incredibly convenient you stand there/sit there and stare at it and the potential other purchases and bypass it for something more necessary. If it were for me that’d be a wild surprise.

Would be a great surprise but he already has one lol. And he’s giddy everytime he uses it :roll:

Would be a great surprise but he already has one lol. And he’s giddy everytime he uses it :roll: [/quote]

Well then you’re just going to have to buy him a used whiskey barrel or maybe oak, because it sounds like he’s pretty invested :wink:

[quote=“Ekffazr”]being a pretty new brewer, I have a subscription to BYO and have received one so far, and I think its totally worth it. I also asked for an AHA membership for xmas, so we shall see if that happens
8)
curious why some say AHA is not worth it, that is concerning to me. I would like to know, so maybe I can change what I am asking for :shock: [/quote]

If all you want is the pub discount, then maybe it’s not for you. But Zymurgy is a great magazine, and by joining the AHA you help support homebrewing legalization efforts and the craft beer industry. In addition, you have access to “members Only” features on the website, like Ask the Experts and the entire Zymurgy archive online. See http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/p … p-benefits .

[quote=“Denny”][quote=“Ekffazr”]being a pretty new brewer, I have a subscription to BYO and have received one so far, and I think its totally worth it. I also asked for an AHA membership for xmas, so we shall see if that happens
8)
curious why some say AHA is not worth it, that is concerning to me. I would like to know, so maybe I can change what I am asking for :shock: [/quote]

If all you want is the pub discount, then maybe it’s not for you. But Zymurgy is a great magazine, and by joining the AHA you help support homebrewing legalization efforts and the craft beer industry. In addition, you have access to “members Only” features on the website, like Ask the Experts and the entire Zymurgy archive online. See http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/p … p-benefits .[/quote]

And you get pre-sale tickets to things like The Great American Beer Festivel :frowning: