Cereal brews

Brewed a cereal lager with corn flakes yesterday and got me thinking again. Now a Brewery in town here makes a granola brown which is very good. I’m planning a cheerio English style ale in my head. Anyone have any others?

1 Like

Funny story. I’m more of a purist though. Going to use mostly the unsweetened stuff for my beers. I think it would be easier to control. Another one I’m contemplating is a shredded wheat beer

A raisin flavor and some oats in a brown ale would work, wouldn’t it?

1 Like

Why stop at cereals? They throw out day old bagels that have gone hard. I bet if they get hard enough they could go through a grain mill… well maybe a woodchopper first.

1 Like

Well cereal is easier to work with. To much flour in bread. I am thinking about some ginger bread cookies in a desert beer. Or oatmeal raisin cookies for @Frankm Brown ale. You people are inspirational

1 Like

I live in Chattanooga where Moon Pies are made (if you’ve heard of them). Kind of a soft graham cracker covered in chocolate with marshmallow creme in between-about 5-6 inches in diameter… A new brewery in town is making a “Moon Pie Stout” which uses 900 crumbled up moon pies in a batch. It actually tastes like a moon pie. So since my favorite cereal was cocoa crispies, they would be my choice to brew with. A CC stout.

Cheers,

Ron

1 Like

How about a Lucky Charms Irish red? You would have to pick out all the red ones though.

I’d only use a natural type cereal . God knows what’s in lucky charms.

1 Like

I had an Oreo Cookie Stout at a Sea Dogs Brewery in Orlando a few years ago. Not sure they used any actual Oreos in the beer but they dipped the rim of the glass in Chocolate fudge then crushed oreos. It was definitely a dessert in a glass and pretty darn tasty!

Maybe I’ll add some lucky charms to my irish stout for St Paddy’s Day.

My favorite bagels in town went into a beer. Still have to try the beer though.

1 Like

We call them hay bales… They looked like little hay bales when I was growing up… And I ate alot of them… I wasn’t allowed to have the “sweet” cereal… that was for my sisters… Sneezles61

I had no idea when I posted about Lucky Charms https://fox8.com/2019/02/25/lucky-charms-flavored-beer-to-launch-this-weekend/?fbclid=IwAR3Nm0UadDSx73a3bHu5KOZu2HeMW1bVJVUjVNHwVNZtL6ZJGZNgX_BQy9U

My sister in-law gave me a big tin of English toffees that were too hard IMO. So I dumped them in my wort and they dissolved nicely and became part of a stout.

2 Likes

HAHA…i saw that yesterday afternoon and meant to post it here! Sounds pretty crazy.