Catalogs

Man has this hobby become complicated. Of course it’s the Christmas season and the brewing catalogs are coming in which I have been perusing. And my what has this become. If I was just starting and I got these catalogs I’d throughy hands up and say forget that.

2 Likes

I got zero catalogs. As a relative newb (2 years and just under a 100 brews in) I can only imagine what the real new folks have to go through. Good thing this forum exists. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I seem to remember a choice between a bucket or a glass carboy some kettles and a bunch of kits. I think they use to make there money on kits. Now it’s complete electric brewing systems that can be converted to distill whiskey.

2 Likes

Like every trend craft brewing has a lot of commercial and retail focus right now. Got to suck every dollar out of the consumers’ pockets!

I like to keep it simple too but boy those all electric turnkey systems do looks spiffy. We’re starting to plan for building our next home and I will admit I have some outlandish ideas for brew space including an indoor electric brewing system, a walk in cellar/fermentation chamber and of course the tap room…We’ll see how much budget the wife lets me have for my crazy ideas.

A part of me wants to kep it simple but the gear geek in my envisions shiny stainless steel fermentation tanks behind sliding glass doors…

3 Likes

@dannyboy58 I would love to get an all electric system, especially now that the temps are way down again…

I’m a sucker for fancy shiny equipment though.

3 Likes

Even a simple shiny electric brew system… then, many fermenters! Let me know when its done… I’ll come over to … sample! Sneezles61

Yeah me looking at all these new brew things coming out. Like spike brewing. New kind of fermentors this looks so nice

I gave up chasing my tail

1 Like