Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Caribou Slobber

Anyone with experience with this extract kit have some avice for aging and bottling time?

Mine’s been in the primary for 15 days now at a steady cellar temp of 63 degrees. I’m not using a secondary so I planned on a full 3 weeks in primary. Does that sound good, or could I bottle it now?

And also, anyone with experience know how long in the bottle until these puppies are ready for consumption? This kit was a gift to me, and I want to share the final product with the person who got me the gift, and I’m getting antsy.

It was an extract kit with dry yeast.

I brewed an extract version (with Wyeast) in early January and sampled my first bottle on Super Bowl Sunday. I did three weeks in a primary with no secondary.

I think at “first taste” it was about 2 weeks in bottle - and it was good, but a bit thin.

It only gets better with time but it’s very drinkable at two weeks, imo.

Thanks, That was the info I wanted.

I’ve brewed 2 extract batches and am fermenting my 3rd AG batch one thing I did notice this batch was the 1332 yeast says to ferment between 65-75 deg I’ve been fermenting to cold so now I’m fermenting at 69-70 degs I’ll see what that does.

+1

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com