Carbonation Question

This weekend I will be bottling my batch. I am using tap-a-draft bottles to carb naturally in. They are 6l bottles but I want to natuarlly carbonate 2 of them and force carb one.
So, if I am only going to naturally carbonate 2, how much priming sugar is required. I guess its easier to ask how much carbing sugar is required for 2/3’s of a 5 gallon batch of beer?
I dont have a scale, so what is a good estimate on the amount I will need?

Thanks

NB has a ‘priming sugar calculator’ Click on the ‘Learn’ tab above to the left, then ‘Resources’, then ‘Priming calculator’. It’s pretty flexible- you plug in what you want and it gives you an answer.
Good luck!

[quote=“tiltrotor22”]This weekend I will be bottling my batch. I am using tap-a-draft bottles to carb naturally in. They are 6l bottles but I want to natuarlly carbonate 2 of them and force carb one.
So, if I am only going to naturally carbonate 2, how much priming sugar is required. I guess its easier to ask how much carbing sugar is required for 2/3’s of a 5 gallon batch of beer?
I dont have a scale, so what is a good estimate on the amount I will need?

Thanks[/quote]

You’r supposed to use less sugar in T-A-Ds than in glass bottles. I use 1.25 to 1.5 ounces per T-A-D.
How do you plan to force carb the third one? It can be done in the older style that uses 2 CO2 cartridges, but I’ve read that in the newer ones with only one cartridge it won’t work.