Carbonation poll

I have never seen a poll in this regards, lets see what the community thinks.

Leave the regulator set to serving pressure, and shake the keg on it’s side until I can’t hear gas coming into the keg. Usually takes 10-15 minutes. If the beer is at serving temp when I do this, it is fully carbonated by the end, and with no risk of overcarbonating.

ITs, good idea for a poll.

For me, 30 psi for 48 hours and then dialed back to 10 psi for 5 days gives me the perfect glass on day 7.

Cheers

2 days at 30 psi and then reduced to 11 psi for immediate drinking (gets better in 2 or 3 more days at the lower pressure)

Do go:
30psi / 24hrs
20psi / 24hrs
10psi / 24hrs
Start tasting. Usually have it dialed in within another day or two, but I’m drinking carbonated beer within 3 days from racking.

Keep enough stockpile of kegs that you can set it and forget it. Seems to make better head for me. Smaller tighter bubbles.

Usually I’ll go 24 hours at 30 psi (on Sunday), then turn it down to 12 psi for the remainder of the week. If I have time/patience, set it and forget it.

Great poll. I’ll be kegging my first batch in a couple weeks. Read up on various carb methods but haven’t decided which one I’ll use yet.

I normally do 30 psi for 1-2 days. Then set to serving pressure.

I’m in the set it and forget it camp. I don’t see the point of speed carbing unless the beer has already conditioned for several weeks (at least 4–usually more) or it has been filtered.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I had to pick Other.
20# co2 warm then chill
20# after 24 hrs.
Set it and forget it.

After I rack to keg I’ll hit it with co2 to purge and hold 20 for 2 days and then set and forget.

[quote=“kcbeersnob”]I’m in the set it and forget it camp. I don’t see the point of speed carbing unless the beer has already conditioned for several weeks (at least 4–usually more) or it has been filtered.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk[/quote]
I’d agree with you on this except I don’t have space in my fridge to hold an extra keg that is slowly carbing. If I did, I’d probably add an extra tap, and I’d still have no space for slowly carbing :slight_smile:

I use the first two meathods. I prefer set and forget and agree with Mullerbrau that I would tend to get a better head right from the start.

But I will put my vote for high preasure and dial down just to be realistic. I do find myself needing kegs carbed sooner than I would like.

I usually set to 30psi for 48 hrs and it’s close at that point.

I have never naturally carbed a keg, but am curious how folks like it, and what the standard procedure is for that.

I set with 30 psi, put in the fridge and hook up to serving pressure the next day, 11-12 psi. I set it and forget it, after a couple of weeks it’s ready and the time cold helps it clear.

I like the set it and forget it method. I think the two weeks of additional cold conditioning is beneficial.

I set it at 25 lb for 3 days then step it down to 10lb for a day. It’s ready

I may be in the minority here but I’ve had a great time naturally carbonating with a bit of sugar before kegging. I typically have enough kegs filled, so 2 weeks at room temp for carving works.