Capturing Chimay Yeast

[quote=“monk-e-business”]Excellent article, Dobe. I found something very interesting in there that I have never heard before. Quoting… "Doss goes on to recommend that “splashing and shaking the carboy, a traditional homebrew method, only reached 8 ppm of dissolved oxygen where 15 ppm can be reached with pure oxygen and a stone in 80 seconds.”

How in the world does one go about adding pure oxygen to a fermenter?[/quote]

Using an O2 tank and diffusion stone. That said, 8 ppm is fine. IIRC, 12 and above is toxic. I use a Mixstir and get results as good as when I tried O2. Much cheaper.

[quote=“Denny”][quote=“monk-e-business”]Excellent article, Dobe. I found something very interesting in there that I have never heard before. Quoting… "Doss goes on to recommend that “splashing and shaking the carboy, a traditional homebrew method, only reached 8 ppm of dissolved oxygen where 15 ppm can be reached with pure oxygen and a stone in 80 seconds.”

How in the world does one go about adding pure oxygen to a fermenter?[/quote]

Using an O2 tank and diffusion stone. That said, 8 ppm is fine. IIRC, 12 and above is toxic. I use a Mixstir and get results as good as when I tried O2. Much cheaper.[/quote]
Thanks, Denny!