Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Can't get DBVP to carb in Keg

Have any of you ever had issues wiht a beer not wanting to carbonate?
I have had a keg of Denny’s Bourbon Vanilla porter hooke to gas for over a month now and it wont carb. about 5 days ago I turned the pressure up to 20 psi. this afternoon I relieved the pressure and poured a glass and still no caronation. I then gassed it back up to 20 psi and filled the glass, which was a fast pour and no head!

What gives?

[quote=“Roddy”]Have any of you ever had issues wiht a beer not wanting to carbonate?
I have had a keg of Denny’s Bourbon Vanilla porter hooke to gas for over a month now and it wont carb. about 5 days ago I turned the pressure up to 20 psi. this afternoon I relieved the pressure and poured a glass and still no caronation. I then gassed it back up to 20 psi and filled the glass, which was a fast pour and no head!

What gives?[/quote]
I know this problem. The oils from the vanilla beans formed a thin layer on top of the beer, preventing the CO2 from entering solution. Give it a shake a couple times a day to break up the oil layer and allow the CO2 into solution.

[quote=“gregscsu”][quote=“Roddy”]Have any of you ever had issues wiht a beer not wanting to carbonate?

What gives?[/quote]
I know this problem. The oils from the vanilla beans formed a thin layer on top of the beer, preventing the CO2 from entering solution. Give it a shake a couple times a day to break up the oil layer and allow the CO2 into solution.[/quote]

Boy, that’s never happened to me. Are you sure?

Hook the gas to the out post, it’ll bubble up into the beer that way. That’ll fix the oil sheen if thats the problem. I have a BVIP carbonating now, I didn’t see any sheen on the beer though. I know mine’s sucking up CO2 because I just charge it daily rather than leaving it on gas, and the first few days it had used up the pressure by soaking up the CO2.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com