Can't find little O2 tanks for the oxygenating adapter

Anyone know where to buy those little O2 tanks used to hook in to the little oxygen regulator they sell at NB for oxygenating wort?

I am in Milwaukee and tried an ACE, HD, and Lowes… Could not find one.

You might need to ask somebody, Lowe’s definitely carries them. In my store they put them over with the power tools and welders, next to the small propane tanks. Search lowes.com for item 91314 for a picture.

Thanks. When I was there the staff was hard to find and I ended up asking someone who maybe didn’t know. I’ll try lowes again. Appreciate the help!

Thanks. When I was there the staff was hard to find and I ended up asking someone who maybe didn’t know. I’ll try lowes again. Appreciate the help![/quote]

The Lowes & Home Depot staff I had asked were clueless. Trust your fellow homebrewers. The big box stores carry them, and in the welding section.

The helpful hardware people at ACE should be able to take you there also.

I get mine at Home Depot and a local Hardware store in the Welder’s Section.

If you are in Milwaukee, maybe try a Menard’s store, they have them. with the welding/soldering/plumbing stuff. Blue tanks should be acetylene, yellow MAP gas and red O2…

I bought a little welding kit just for the mini-O2 regulator.

I use the same mini regulator from my tiny torch set that I purchased to silver braze some refrigerant lines when I built my house. Glad to know it is a multi-tasker now. I use the cheap blue stone from walmart and feed the flex line through a stiff tube like a racking tube and twirl it around while feeding the O2…

John

they are there, just usually not many and kind of hidden somewhere.
I have bought them at ACE, lowes ,and home depot