Can ya'll review this recipe please?!

I made this recipe from taking what i like from two others. Its a Belgian grain bill, and i used 1272 AAII yeast with a starter. I single mashed and batch sparged to get to 6 gal of wort boiled for 60 min.
My mash temp and sparging were right on with hopville’s recomendations. it smelled great coming out of the MT, and during boiling. the airlock bubbler was going nuts, i had to fill it twice with star-san.
I fermented in a bucket so i didnt have a blow of tube, I should have due to the rigorous activity. The aroma coming out of the bubbler was fantastic.
2 weeks in the primary, 2 weeks in the secondary and 2 weeks in bottles. And low and behold my brew is flat!!! Is this brew ruined.
I tasted one and it has a great flavor but no head at all, the color is a great amber color and the hops aroma is right on for what i wanted. Just flat as a table top.

Here is the recipe
Grain:
7.0 lbs Belgian pils
3.0 bs Belgian muny
1.0 lbs C80l
1.0 lbs victory

Hops:
0.625 oz Target 60 min
0.625 oz Target 45 min
0.500 oz Golding 30 min
0.500 oz Golding 15 min
1 tspn Irish moss 15 min

1.250 oz Williamette Dry hopped in secondary

1272 American ale with a starter

My OG was 1.048
My FG was 1.008

any Help would be great, and my wife will love me talking to someone else about my brewing.
She just wants to know what time it is, and doesn’t care how the watch works. (if you know what I mean)

You said it has no head and is flat. Just making sure here… is it carbonated but doesn’t have any head or is it truly flat as in no carbonation at all? Another stupid question, but I have to ask, how much priming sugar did you use at bottling and what temp were the bottles at while carbing?

it has no carbonation at all. i also used the NB priming sugar 5.0oz. and where they carbed is in my game room that stays at a constant 70 degrees, I keep my humidor in there as well cuz of the consistant temp.
I boiled 2 cups of water for 15 min then mixed in the primer, boiled to dissolved, cooled to room temp, then pour into my bottle bucket. racked from secondary on top of primer and stirred very very slowly with a sanitized laddle right before bottling. also the beer was super clear and there is hardly any sediment at the bottom of the bottles.

[quote=“Racedog88”]it has no carbonation at all. i also used the NB priming sugar 5.0oz. and where they carbed is in my game room that stays at a constant 70 degrees, I keep my humidor in there as well cuz of the consistant temp.
I boiled 2 cups of water for 15 min then mixed in the primer, boiled to dissolved, cooled to room temp, then pour into my bottle bucket. racked from secondary on top of primer and stirred very very slowly with a sanitized laddle right before bottling. also the beer was super clear and there is hardly any sediment at the bottom of the bottles.[/quote]

It almost sounds like the yeast dropped out, but I can’t imagine that’s it. I’ve used that yeast many times and routinely primary for 3-4weeks, sometimes primary for 2-3weeks and then another 2-3 secondary. Have never had a problem with bottles not carbing. I wish I had an answer for you but don’t.

What I would do though it let them sit another week and try another bottle. If still flat, get some dry yeast, rehydrate it and add a small amount to each bottle and recap. You’ll have to search this site for how much to add, but I would think this will be your only choice after 3 weeks in bottles and no carb.

Thanks Dobe,
I was sorta afraid that was what I needed to do. the clarity of the beer is oustanding, whitch led me to think that the yeast was a little skimpy.
I dont have a ton of AG pratice, but i research a ton. However this problem was unintended.
I’ll let you know how it turns out.

I don’t see anything wrong with the recipe or the technique you posted, so I’d assume you just need to wait.

thanks Denny. i’ll post a update soon.

+1. My guess is you need about one more week, and your beer will be ready for consumption. Maybe two more weeks, tops, but one week will probably do it.

Hey Fellow brewers.
I am Happy to report that the recipe did carb. I am having one of the test bottles now and it is real good, nice head and great taste.
It took 3 weeks to carb. I am gonna let the rest sit for another few days or so and then tear it to 'em
Thanks for helping a rookie out.

I bottled a batch of blonde ale fermented with 1272 three days ago. To keep tabs on the carbing without having to open a bottle I fill a 20 ounce soda bottle along with the glass bottles. You can tell by how hard the plastic bottle feels if it is carbing. I already feel it carbing after three days.

good advice ill try that next bottle day which is in a week for a California Common.