Can DongDong32 be eliminated and banned

I am usually a live and let live type of person, and try to not harbor bad feelings toward people. But this spammer is a true nuisance. Isn’t there a way that an administrator can shut that person down and remove all of their content from the forum? I really wish I could punch the person in the nose.

I just click the report post button to report the spam. It’s just a spam bot, it’s not a real person, so don’t worry about having bad feelings :slight_smile:

Somebody created the spambot. I would like to punch that person in the nose.

I am back and my job in the next 30 minutes is to seek and destroy DongDong32. I hate spammers. They serve no purpose.

Well, I banned him while he was spamming online and deleted 83 of his posts as well as the members who think it is appropriate to write about the spammer after his post. What a waste of time. I hope our admin gets a handle on this issue for the future.

Hep-hep-hooray!! Three cheers for Mullerbräu! :cheers:

Yay! Thank you.

Just a general knowledge question. What is the point of spam bots? Does is make anyone money? I’ve never been allured to click a sketchy link that says air Jordan nike air jordans chinese hand bag especially on a homebrew site

If it didn’t make money, they wouldn’t do it. I’ve never understood what idiots click the links in these badly worded, run on, Engrish novellas that have a smattering of hyperlinks running throught it.

What strikes me odd is that this forum seems to be targeted specifically by kitchen cabinet spammers and counterfeit sneaker spammers. It just doesn’t seem to be the right target demographic.

P.S. DongDong32 is an awesome handle. Nothing shady there.

[quote=“JMcK”]If it didn’t make money, they wouldn’t do it. I’ve never understood what idiots click the links in these badly worded, run on, Engrish novellas that have a smattering of hyperlinks running throught it.

What strikes me odd is that this forum seems to be targeted specifically by kitchen cabinet spammers and counterfeit sneaker spammers. It just doesn’t seem to be the right target demographic.

P.S. DongDong32 is an awesome handle. Nothing shady there.[/quote]

I think it also has to do with search engine results. The more links to their sites there are out there, the higher they appear in search engines like google, yahoo, etc.

I believe that what happens is that the bots analyze the content of a forum and determine the interests of those who use it. I can’t understand how this relates to clothing and sportswear, but I can understand how it relates to kitchens. A large amount of the posts on this forum are related to cooking if you think about it. Also there is a lot of traffic related to cookware; pots, burners, ingredients and so forth. So I guess the analysis is that this is a cooking forum, which in reality it is. It’s just that what we cook is not the norm. So what do people who cook want? Nice kitchens. What do people like us want? A nicely equipped, outdoor brewing cave.

The UK kitchens spam baffles me. How many of us plan to order a kitchen from overseas? I banned a couple of users but they kept popping up so next I banned their IP. Hopefully that will keep them away for awhile. Glad I missed dongdong.

DAMMIT! Now how am I going to find FIFA coins???

Ken, you’re in luck. A great offer was just posted!

Haha, better hurry.

Ron

I think the spammers took that as a dare. There are a bunch of coin link spams this morning.
:evil:

Holy crap! I broke the Internet!