Camp Lager

How about one of those camper fridges that run on propane? OR… build an ice house and cut some big cubes from your lake? Sneezles61

I actually have a propane fridge in a camper parked in my woods. They are expensive to run. I was thinking about the flue tile filled with sand. Pour ice water over the sand and let it evaporate. Should keep the beer in the fiftys. I only go once a month or so. I could ice it when I’m there. To much work. I’ll just probably bottle off the keg and keep the bottles up there.

1 Like

Well, it’ll be cellared then… :slight_smile: Sneezles61

Worked on my son’s place today not to far from my camp. Brought a mixed bag of brews up. No camp Lager though. Many people partying on the lake. Can An rugby weekend in saranac lake going on much beer will be drank. I’m just hanging out. Next week they have a big lacrosse tornament. Between these to weekends the bars rake it in.

So thats the lake your camp is on? Sneezles61

Saranac Lake is the the closest town. It’s actually a chain of lakes. Saranac Lake the town is actually on lake flower. They are all part of the saranac river. You have to go through some locks to reach some of the lakes. I’m a little north of that chain all the lakes rivers are connected with portages. You can spend days or weeks in your canoe. The northern Forest canoe route goes through SL. You can paddle to Maine seashore on that route. You can jump from Champlain to the Hudson and NYC if you want. Or head West to lake Ontario. My camp is on a canoe portage and a snowmobile corridor that runs into Ontario. I know you have similar terain I’ve been to the boundary Waters area. Pretty similar

2 Likes

So we could actually paddle a canoe and meet up somewhere in the Great Lakes! IF the beer holds up that long… :cold_sweat: Sneezles61

2 Likes

Lemme know and I’ll start paddling my kayak your way. I think she’ll hold a few growlers!

2 Likes

OK I pulled this one out again and have finally got it carbonated. I used Chinook to bitter and not really happy with it kinda out of balance. Don’t generally use Chinook to bitter a little harsh IMO. Anyway put another bag of Cascades hops in the keg I’ll taste it again in a couple.

3 Likes