Calculating the ABV of my melomel

I have a blackberry melomel that had an OG of 1.111, and it was pitched with three packages of 71B-1122 and two packages of D47 - plus the yeast nutrient/energizer regiment recommended by our host site.

After a couple of months of so, it seemed to stop at 1.040. It was a little sweet yet, but at that point that I racked it into a secondary with 6# of the Vinters Harvest blackberry puree (along with another package of D47 & 71B-1122, including one dose each of: pectic enzyme, yeast energizer & yeast nutrient).

I took a sample today (it’s been five months now, total), and the FG is 1.000. :shock:

It tastes good – not sweet like it was before, but it’s not dry and does has a nice blackberry flavor. Well, that and a subtle-ish alcohol punch. :twisted:

But how do I calculate the ABV? I’m assuming the fruit brought something to the party, but how much?

Thanks,
Jeff

[quote=“larsenj”]it was pitched with three packages of 71B-1122 and two packages of D47 -
(along with another package of D47 & 71B-1122).[/quote]
7 packs of yeast! :shock: How big of a batch was this?
Your yeast is only rated to 14% ABV.
The Blk Berry puree is 9-16brix.

[quote=“Baratone Brewer”][quote=“larsenj”]it was pitched with three packages of 71B-1122 and two packages of D47 -
(along with another package of D47 & 71B-1122).[/quote]
7 packs of yeast! :shock: How big of a batch was this?
Your yeast is only rated to 14% ABV.
The Blk Berry puree is 9-16brix.[/quote]

Well, it’s my first batch of mead, and it was a biggie (edit: 17lb of honey for a 5gal batch). :wink:

Two of the first packs were expired, so I went with two extra packs at initial pitching… but I also wanted to make sure I pitched enough. Which, evidently I did! :smiley: