BYO Magazine

Is anyone on here good friends with anyone from BYO? I really need some help from someone (at BYO) who cares, beside some prick with a phone headset.

I’ll be glad to talk off line about it.

Paul

I know the editor - send me a PM and I will forward it for you.

Thanks, Shade. You’ve got a PM

[quote=“paultuttle”]beside some prick with a phone headset.
[/quote]
Isn’t that the way of the world now.

I like the recorded message “your call is important to us”. I make sure to tell them that if it was really important you would have a human answer when I call.

End of rant and back to topic.

Get tired of waiting try this old trick. When they ask you to push 1 for English or 2 for Spanish press 2 the operators have to be bilingual and you will be connected sooner unless you live in California then 1 would be your best bet.

Many automated phone systems will direct you to a customer service rep if you repeatedly press 0.

Some automated systems also detect irritated customers and move them up in the line. ie. lots of cursing and yelling at the phone while on hold.

I didn’t get an automated phone response. I literally got a prick with a phone headset.

Literally? Thats weird. Must have been a small headset.

Literally? Thats weird. Must have been a small headset.[/quote]

LOL, thanks for the laugh. It just seems to me that customer service is not what I expect it to be. If I’m handing my money (or CC#) to someone, I expect a little respect, courtesy and a quality porduct in return.

Literally? Thats weird. Must have been a small headset.[/quote]

LOL, thanks for the laugh. It just seems to me that customer service is not what I expect it to be. If I’m handing my money (or CC#) to someone, I expect a little respect, courtesy and a quality porduct in return.[/quote]

Haha you’re welcome. Im with you. Customers certainly should recieve some courtesy. Nothing makes me more mad than a situation like that.

So, here is a log of what has happened since I posted last time.

My e-mail to them:

Tuesday, 18 SEP
Dear BYO,
Last November, my wife renewed my subscription to BYO as a Christmas gift.
Then, in January, we received a note that the credit card didn’t go through (funny, the very same thing happened the year before).
So, I called the BYO phone number, talked to a lady (can’t remember who), and gave her a known good credit card number, and she told me I would not miss any issues.
I thanked her, and we hung up, with me thinking that all was good.
I got the next issue. Then no more.
I called in August to ask why I hadn’t received any more issues.
I was told the reason I’m not getting any issues, is because of the November incident. (but wait, what about the payment I made in January?)
So, rather than giving up on my favorite magazine, I decided to just bite the bullet.
Then, I used a new credit card and ordered two years (that’s right, 2) of subscription.
Still, no magazine.
WTH? Is this how you make your profits? Really?

Thursday, 20 Sep
I got a response from one of their customer service reps, and was told I never made a payment in January. I’ve been trying to go through my credit card statements, but almost all of them are telling me that it’s too far back to check. So, I guess I’m out $30. Live and learn. I’m thinking about joining AHA, and just getting the Zymurgy mag instead.

Monday, 24 Sep
I just got a call from BYO. Now I’m really pissed off. The lady who called me told me I’m out of luck. I told her, if I was the owner of a publication, the last thing i would want to do is alienate a homebrewer who is serious, especially one who just renewed for 2 years. I told her that I am going to finish out my 2 year subscription, and that I expected them to uphold their end, and be honorable. I also told her that since they are so happy to lose a customer, I am going to tell everyone on every forum/board what happened, and how happy they are to have taken my $30 and lose me for life. She seemed very content with that. Unbelievable.

After reading this I called them said I wanted to start a subscription but because I heard of this story I would just download off the net for free anyway. Everything is available on-line now days just not in full. Sorry bout you run in with some BS brother. I just watched the replacement refs f my Packlers.

Sorry about your Packers. It was very shameful. The integrity of the NFL is at high risk.

Just renewed my sub with BYO. I sent a check. We aren’t comfortable with sending the credit card number through the mail and usually calling an 800 turns into a PIA. I write about 1 check a year now days and it is hard to believe you can’t buy or renew by signing into a secure server online and just entering your CC info. Then if the card doesn’t go through you will know immediately.

I’m in the computer field so I know all to well what your talking about. Ever try calling At&t ?? Better have a couple pints within arms reach to calm the nerves !!