Buying keg setup questions

So is that considered a dual regulator? One gauge for tank far left and one gauge for each regulated line?

the kegs in the fridge are being conected to a three way manifold run out of one port of the dual regulator the keg out side for carbonation on the other port so i can control all keg with different pressure while adjusting the pres on the regulator

That’s correct. The high pressure regulator gives you pressure in the keg, the low pressure regulators allow you to control the pressure you send through the line(s) to the keg. You can split lines off the low pressure reg but then you’re limited to a single pressure control.

I agree with Loopie regarding CO2 hydration. The beer is much better after it’s been on gas and hydrolyzed that gas. That’s when you get the fine bubbles, sharper taste and merengue like head.

2 Likes

If you can afford it I recommend having two regulators and tanks. If possible a separate fridge. I can keep my ready to drink beer in the kegorator at 12lbs or so all of the time while anything being force carbonated goes in the old fridge in my garage at whatever pressure I need. Usually it is the same 12lbs to “set it and forget it” but if in a hurry I can crank up the pressure.

Lately I have been priming some kegs with table sugar. I brew 20 gallons at a time so there isn’t always room to refrigerate four kegs. Priming a couple and leaving them at room temp works. It does not seem to be an exact science like forcing it though. Using the same amount of sugar sometimes doesn’t come out the same. Easy to just hook it up and let the CO2 equalize but not so easy if it is over carbed.

1 Like