Bubbles in draft line

I’m having an issue with one of my kegs that is giving me extremely foamy pours. I have two kegs each running 10’ of 3/16" ID tubing. One is fine but the other one is nothing but foam. After pouring I’ve watched the line and it appears that bubbles are forming in the line itself. I’ve checked and rechecked for leaks and swapped out the poppit. My hunch is that the beer is simply over-carbonated. Would that cause CO2 to come out of solution after it has left the keg and is in the line?

Yes, over carbed beer will cause foam in the lines. Anytime beer hits anything that causes turbulence CO2 is released. A poppit will cause this and even any beer stone in the lines will cause this. I’m not sure what kind of draft system you have but another thing to watch for is a kinked line, this will definately cause issues. Don’t forget to keep those lines chilled as well because CO2 is released as the beer warms as well.

+1 to the above post, also watch out for obstructions in the dip tube (hop bits can clog it and cause shloads of foam) as well as a leaky beverage side o-ring, which would allow CO2 directly into the beverage line. In some instances you will also get a cracked or perforated dip tube, usually right where it flairs out at the top of the keg, which again can allow CO2 into the beverage line. If it is nothing but foam coming out of the keg, that makes me think that this is some problem on the dispensing side of that keg, rather than overcarbed, which tends to have some foam and some liquid in the line.

Inspect all of your dispensing side o-rings for cracks or torn spots (or better yet, replace them). Check that the posts and dip tube don’t have dents in them that would prevent a good seal. You can also try swapping with a different dispensing line, which would eliminate the QD as a potential culprit.