Brux

Found this at the grocery store hidden behind some other bottles.

Brux

A Russian River/Sierra Nevada Collaboration (8.3% ABV)

Coppery/golden in color. Holy Carbonation, Batman. Very effervescent like champagne. There was a little bit of head but with the huge amount of carbonation it didn’t last but a couple seconds. Aroma was faint and cidery. Flavor statred with a good strong Belgian bready/spiciness. A cidery, champagne-like sourness followed but quickly gave the stage back to the Belgian flavors…for a while until a sour sweetness mingled it’s way through accompanied by a slight saltiness, presumably left over from the carbonation.

I am admittedly not a straight-up sour beer fan but when beers are made like this I enjoy them. This one is really special and I think it was only like $13 a bottle. Well worth it if you can find some.

I really love this beer. I think my only disappointment is that it doesn’t evolve much over time. I bought a couple bottles when it was released last year. Had the first bottle after about 6-8 months and it tasted the same. Still have another so going to see if it does any better 1-2 years in.

doesnt change much? Not sure where you get that huge change in it around the 6-8 month when I tried them