Bru'N'Water has me stumped... any experts in here?

Just got my new ph55 meter today and calibrated it. I’m mashing in an IPA bill and used gypsum and calcium chloride to raise the sulfates and chloride for pale ale profile which according the Brunwater put me at 5.4pH. The new meter says, WINNING at 5.4. :smiley: I’m a happy camper now.

Brew on boys! :cheers:

I find my ph has always been a little lower than what Bru N water calculated. Some times it’s .1 off and others it’s a little more. Then I read on this thread about Rahr 2-row being more acidic. Somehow I missed this when initially reading the info pages. Now it makes sense, I use Rahr 2-row as my base grain. From now on I will figure ph to be .1 to .15 lower than Bru n Water states. On the additions of salts and acid to the mash, I add acid to the water first before the water gets too hot and then the salts, to the water,after reaching 110-120*. I read somewhere about acid added to water before heating is more effective and the salts dissolve well in the warm water. Good thread glad I read it. Bru n Water is a great resource!