Brewing with Germans

[quote=“brewingdan”]Our APA’s and IPA’s aren’t beer to them, rather something that belongs in the fruit juice aisle.
[/quote]
Why is that?

Did you see my thread about my trip to Europe? I went to a place in Vienna called 1516 Brewing Company and they had a beer called “Victory Hop Devil IPA”. When I questioned the bartender about it, he said, “it’s their recipe brewed here”. The menu said, “From Pennsylvania to Austria…”. Everyone in the place was drinking the IPA. They also had an APA, a stout and a couple other beers you wouldn’t expect over there.

[quote=“Ken Lenard”][quote=“brewingdan”]Our APA’s and IPA’s aren’t beer to them, rather something that belongs in the fruit juice aisle.
[/quote]
Why is that?

Did you see my thread about my trip to Europe? I went to a place in Vienna called 1516 Brewing Company and they had a beer called “Victory Hop Devil IPA”. When I questioned the bartender about it, he said, “it’s their recipe brewed here”. The menu said, “From Pennsylvania to Austria…”. Everyone in the place was drinking the IPA. They also had an APA, a stout and a couple other beers you wouldn’t expect over there.[/quote]

Maybe they are a bit more open in Vienna. I’ve never come across a German that experimentive.

Walmart? I would only take a relative I disliked shopping at a big box!

Baseball and a cookout are great ideas.
Brewing might be cool if they’re interested, if not they might get bored, but who wouldn’t be interested in making beer?

I don’t know your area but are there any good/unique state parks? Something related to American Indians? Or if you have some open days for traveling something like Mammoth Caves in KY would be very memorable. Or maybe something like Cedar Point in Sandusky.

And the suggested state/county fair idea was a good one too.

Another vote for Cedar Point! I actually suggested in my post a walleye charter but deleted it! That’s unbelievable.

I think AG brewing would be boring to the uninitiated…

Maybe just watch TV and drink beer all day… :lol:

It’s all about experiencing what is different, and big box stores are radically different than anything they have in Germany.

[quote=“ibeentired”]I don’t know your area but are there any good/unique state parks? Something related to American Indians? Or if you have some open days for traveling something like Mammoth Caves in KY would be very memorable. Or maybe something like Cedar Point in Sandusky.

And the suggested state/county fair idea was a good one too.[/quote]
Good point on the American Indians, if there is anything around that gives some exposure to that heritage it would be fun for them.

Also, fishing is a great suggestion!

two words: strip club