Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Brewing with a Heavy Duty ROCKET STOVE?!?

Well fellas, I saw the plans for this sweet little rig

and immediately wished I had some metalwork skills!

I think this would be great for brewing, and it essentially runs on scrap lumber - check it out! What do you think?

if you want to see more rocket stoves go to Permies.com Permaculture website I lurk along with these forums. If your in to gardening and such it is a great site with a great community like these forums.
Anywho there is a lot if info and such about rocket stoves they are not just stoves but a way to heat a home or cook and they use hardly any fuel.

if you want to see more rocket stoves go to Permies.com Permaculture website I lurk along with these forums. If your in to gardening and such it is a great site with a great community like these forums.
Anywho there is a lot if info and such about rocket stoves they are not just stoves but a way to heat a home or cook and they use hardly any fuel.

i cant find any rocket stoves on that site (permies). can you give us a direct link maybe

to the OP: it looks pretty cool. i wonder how long it would take to get 10 gallons to a boil? i would defiantly want it a little closer to the ground with some more sturdy legs. i also wish i had some metal working skills

I was thinking the same thing. I looked around and couldn’t find anything on there about rocket stoves. I am intrigued by this idea too, though all of the comments on the bottom of the OP’s link say it isn’t truely a rocket stove. I am curious, I guess I will have to do some research.
I also don’t have any metalworking experience but my brother and a couple friends make their living as metal fabricators. Anyone have any experience with brewing on one of these?

http://www.richsoil.com/rocket-stove-mass-heater.jsp

Here’s that direct link to the article on permies.com about rocket stoves. Seems the rocket stoves in this context are the home-heating variety, as opposed to the cooking variety. Still quite interesting stuff, but not entirely practical for brewing a batch.

If it’s a rocket stove you want for brewing, seems like this guy fits the bill:

http://www.stovetec.net/shop/index.php? ... ducts_id=4

“This stove will boil 10 gallons of water in less than 30 minutes, and continue to boil up to 2 hours with just a few sticks of wood.”

If you’ve got $1000 that is…

Anyone want to figure out how to build one of these?

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com