Brewing weekend

Today transfer and og check of pumpkin ale. And tomorow. Brewday of mayhem ipa beer. A think out of the box brew. Did create my own beer recipy good that iam still old school did put my recipy on paper. My laptop just went to comp valhala

2 Likes

My wife is out of town this weekend, so Iā€™m brewing a couple, too. A big barleywine and an old ale. Both are going to be partial mash, in that Iā€™ll brew a decent sized all grain batch then hit it with a decent slug of MO LME. Tweaking the last of the design this morning before I head off to NB for supplies (yeast starters, though, have been built up over the past couple of weeks).

2 Likes

Ofest of 50% munich 33% two row and vienna for the remainderā€¦got to pick up some tett and saaz after work.

Nice a weekend for your self time to relax drink a few and brew. My wife comes home around six most the time. By the time she does come home brew session almost over. Wort chill clean up add yeast. And drink a few beers with my brew buddy .did transfer just now the pumpkin ale to the second a grav reading of 1.040. Now wait untill ready

Yes, the weather report is favorable, (and the pipeline is starting to run a little thin) so Iā€™m going to be brewing 2 batches this weekend, and have ingredients for another 4 batches over the next month or so.
1st up tomorrow morning is a RIS that a bunch of us from the Greater Bangor Homebrew club will brew separately, but combine in a 60G barrel for aging in 3-4 weeks.
Then Monday, I plan on doing a batch of my ā€˜Moon seriesā€™. This time I think Iā€™ll split it between Orange, Apricot and Grapefruit Moons at bottling time.

1 Like

My 8 kegs are all full and I have 10 fermenting. After my Oktoberfest Iā€™ll be brewing with a vengeance in the fall

1 Like

Jummy lots of beer. You are busy. Me got 3 fermenting right now. And 4 kegs full. But not enough need more haha. Will start around 2 today. At least not so hot overhere in the afternoon. Got. My brew plan ready. Now my choice of music during the brew day. Tednugent. Testament. Havok megadeth. Thinlizzy. Sepultura. Martyr. Gijora

I will be doing a chocolate milk stout here in the next few days. That should be cool. Might do a irish red the day after just so I have multiple types of beer ready to rock at the same time.

Ahhh, cooking brisket today, set up the backyard fire for tomorrow, I have a full keg of APA, will need to ā€œtestā€ O-fest too! Monday will be brew day. Then back to the grindā€¦ Sneezles61

1 Like

Damm thats good food a brisket . Me now reading ready. Got my cooking stuff sanatizing. The product ready for a brew session. Around 3 start the water boil. Should be ready to start at 4. Looking forward to see how my own recipy does come out

1 Like

Nice brew session yesterday Did my first own recipy cool thing the og. Right where it should have been a 1.060. Did just check my brew.and with the kveik yeast it ferments up a storm. Now we wait

1 Like

I have no idea how, but I just managed a 4 hour AG brew day. I guess having a practice day on Saturday and leaving out all your stuff the night before does help. And I kind of like starting at 6amā€¦

3 Likes

Looks like my next brew days will be this coming Tuesday and Wednesday. Rain predicted for those days.