Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Brewing on the Holiday Weekend?

Bottling Caribou Slobber tomorrow, moving Milk Chocolate stout to the secondary, and thinking if I should start a Hefe or not…with my wife’s influence, I am sure it will be not. :blah:

didn’t get a chance to go to the LHBS, so will have to wait til tuesday. :frowning:

Brewing my Olivas IPA today

Oh, you are in for a treat. I did mine according to the instructions, and it is about the best beer I’ve brewed!

I went ahead with my plan today and brewed an all grain Bitter (the LBS guy thought it might emulate Goose Island Honker’s Ale, so I’ll call it “Honk This”)

I wanted to pitch onto the yeast cake from a brown ale I did a few weeks ago, so when my new wort was cooled, I racked the brown to the bottling bucket, the racked the bitter onto the yeast cake.

Then I bottled the brown (I’ll call it “I Made Brown”, after the Larry the Cable Guy baby character).

Before I was halfway through bottling the brown, the bitter was fermenting away, with the airlock bubbling at a pretty good pace. Blow-off tube is on standby, I’m apprehensive that this active yeast is going to go ballistic!

Anyway, I am flat worn out now. It was a little over 6 hours of activity. I’m kicking back with a Spotted Cow, and going to my NB Surly Cynic homebrew in a little while. Got to find the energy to grill some brat’s now…

Brewed an IPA yesterday. Seemed to go well, looking forward to trying the beer when it’s done.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com