Brewing and Football

I helped out friends of ours… replace a GFCI… In return, they gave us a new roku gizmo!! OH BOY!!
Now for an adventure to get it up and responding… :blush:
Sneezles61

3 Likes

First app you will need is ESPN

1 Like

HEY!! Watched Terrence Hill on Roku/Tubi last night!!
Thank you gentlemen for coaxing/kicking/pulling to get me this far!!
I almost feel … digitally able!!
Now to see if I can turn it on again later…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Rokus don’t seem to ever “turn off”. as long as you switch the TV input to the Roku and it’s plugged in, it’s on the TV. At least that’s how our 2 work.

The amount of apps available is enormous. Some free, some added cost. We don’t have one that we pay for. One thing we use it for is to watch Syracuse University basketball. During the regular season they are usually on ACCN Atlantic coast conference network that is not televised down here. With the ESPN app we can log into our Verison FiOS account up north and watch almost every game.

You can switch the input if you want to turn it off i only do that to go to dvd or some other device. Mine just opens on the home page. YouTubeTV used to be great but ended up getting pricey. Sling is good they have NFL Network. I use Hulu now for like $8 more you can add Disney+ bundled with ESPN+. They dont have NFL Network though. I’ll just grab a month of sling here and there to watch some games. None of them have contract si i go in and out. Even Netflix you can go in and out say you want to binge watch something. Crazy choices. I don’t know how cable works for that but for regular shows you can watch anytime. We been watching Taxi lately. Hey day of sitcoms

Slingbox was how I used to watch my Stillers in the garage while brewing. My parents have one set up that I can log into. Sadly, Slingbox has been discontinued as of November 2020, so once it stops functioning (hopefully not for a while?) I’ll have to find a new way to get them on the ipad.

:beers:
Rad

Can’t you download the sling app ?

Its amazing… Now to tinker with the “stuff” it can look at…
Sneezles61

slingbox

Yeah, I have the app currently. Then I click live tv link and can control my parents cable remotely to stream it to my device for free.

Rad

Hey, time to bump this thread. I know you Americans know european football as soccer, but here in Europe the championships are under way. Football as we know it over here. Do you guys pay any attention to this? By the way, personally i can’t wait for NFL football season to start again!

1 Like

I love watching soccer but all the TV i get is what I can pull in with an antenna. Very rare for it to be broadcast on the stations I get. Both of my kids were 4 year goalies in high school. The daughter had an opportunity to play college but declined.

1 Like

The European football doesn’t get as much air time as it should over here… Seems as though the airwaves now are controlled mindless blankity blanks… :no_mouth:
Sneezles61

Not enough opportunity for commercial ($$$) breaks for the network to make the big bucks I think.

2 Likes

I think… perhaps not correctly… Too many peeps want money for nothing… No chicks were harmed in this opinion
Sneezles61

1 Like

Yes, but were they free?

Rad

I don’t think they are free also… :no_mouth:
Sneezles61

Can we dust this one off? Watching my Queens tonight… well… I hope like heck we will still have a mediocre season… :joy:
I haven’t taken the time to watch college ball yet…
Sneezles61

Watching a few pre season. Joined a pickum league and a fantasy league. Not big money but keeps it interesting

Only watched a few minutes of it but I see the Bills squashed da Bears. It’s too early for football so it’s hard for me to get into it.

Preseason gets more interesting closer to the regular season