Brewing and Football

Lions are going to see a loss again Sunday, they need to make some major changes to have any hope. Maybe it’s like the curse of the banbeeno ? Is that right?

Bambino. Babe Ruth. It goes back to when he played for Boston and they could not win a World Series.

2 Likes

LOL, I knew what you meant, spelling around here is optional.

Lol

I have a small list of things to accomplish before the Gophers game… “axe series”… Pull a sample of a freshly kegged brew I left out of doors last night… 5*F this AM… forced 40 psi’s into it again…
Sneezles61

I made a couple of ice beers by leaving a keg outside in those temps with just plastic wrap over the top the scooping out the ice. Try not to be in those temps now.

It gets any colder there and you will be able to store the Pfizer vaccine for them.

Vaccine in a beer… You may be onto something!
Sneezles61

So I fell asleep for Ohio’s comeback but was awake for the Notre Dame spanking. Go figure.

The Golden Domers looked baadddd against Clemson, the rematch. May have played themselves out of the CFP.

Ohio State looked baadddd against NW but won in spite of themselves. May have played themselves out of the CFP also, despite the win.

Final prediction: Gonna be Bama vs Dabo, with Bama winning big

1 Like

Predictions for final 4?

I trust VooDoo has the challenge, eh?
Football day today… Good day to make Manicotti’s, snack on some junk food and quaff a few brews…
I’ve got Da Bears and Vikes in my future…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Alabama and Clemson are locks. That’s where it gets murky. The final two could be chosen from Ohio State Texas A&M, Cincinnati and of course Notre Dame.

Since I’m a Buckeye fan I’m going to pick the buckeyes and Texas A&M at three and four.Notre Dame may still get in though, With the recent loss as of last night where they got totally exposed may knock them out.Florida with three losses is clearly out, no two loss team has gotten Into the college football playoffs, let alone a three loss team.

Neither has a team that only played 6 games🤔

Is Cincinnati in the mix? I’ve only been a casual follower of college more so this season

So the six game thing is legitimate concern, but not for the same reasons that people say. They just looked rusty as hell last night after only playing two games in four weeks.They have now beaten two current top 25 teams, and beat Penn State earlier in the season when they were ranked.

Cincinnati will get a good bowl game but I feel that the college football playoff folks feel that they’re not quite ready for prime time. Ohio State boat raced them 42 to nothing last season.

1 Like

Agreed. Strange days indeed.
I would posit that Ohio State did the best they could, given the circumstances. The Big Ten made some bad decisions, based on the fact that they thought all the other conferences would follow suit when they canceled fall football and planned for a spring season. Only the pac 12 did.So the Big Ten finally started the season so late that there was no cushion for Missed games and Ohio State had a Covid cancellation itself +2 other teams canceled on them outside their control.
Plus by delaying the start of the season they started and played the season in the heart of the cold and flu/Covid season, not smart.

Breaking news, Ohio State in at number three, Notre Dame hangs on at number four.

I dont think it’s right that the big 10 pushed for the you have to play 6 games thing…there shouldn’t be any championship games this year…so many teams were shut down and couldn’t play. Who’s to say those teams would’ve won those games? It was a messed up year for all of them

2 Likes

Surprised nobody has mentioned the Steelers

I was too embarrassed to say anything. . .:joy: :joy: :joy:

:beers:
Rad

1 Like