Brewing and Football

I myself try to follow the football from Sweden, but with time difference i usually have to go to bed after the first game on sundays🙁 But the draft is easy to follow online the very next morning.

3 Likes

Gotta love the Buckeye faithful. Despite not giving him a chance to play and him going to LSU and WINNING a National Championship they claim he is a Buckeye. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I fell asleep early unfortunately but taped it. I love the highlight reels

Ha, yours might not be a popular view on the Olentangy these days. But guilty as charged, the definition of fanatic means basically not rational re anything about the team…

Joe Burrow was very appreciative of buckeye nation in his Heisman speech. He would never have started ahead of Dwayne Haskins in 2018, who broke Drew Brees Big Ten record regarding passing yardage, touchdowns, etc. and this past season we had Justin Fields…the highest rated player to play for the Bucks in years.

The worst thing to happen to Joe was that hand injury in camp in 2017. That put Haskins in as second string and he cemented his role later that year when he came off the bench in the third quarter to replace a underperforming and then injured JT Barrett, and led a thrilling come from behind victory over the Wolverines. And in 2018 Haskins played lights out, and was a first round draft pick also.

Joe Burrow played well for LSU during the 2018 season, but played incredibly well in 2019 when he had better players around him and a new offensive coordinator who is now a head coach elsewhere.

Win win for everyone. Hopefully the Bengals don’t blow this​:joy::tiger:

Burrow didn’t look so happy after the pick

1 Like

He should have pulled an Eli and flat out refused to go to Cinci. :joy:

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes

2nd round kicking off right now, and u know who is first🐯
Picked Tee Higgins. Clemson. WR

Nice pick up

By no means did I mean disrespect to Mr. Burrow or OSU. But if Tom Brady wins a super bowl for the Buccs the Patriots can’t claim to win another Super Bowl. And I agree that he was VERY VERY VERY appreciative of OSU in his Heisman speech. Which surprised me. Not that I expected him to berate them but he almost spoke more about them than LSU.
I also agree that timing is everything. Unfortunately he didn’t have it at OSU. And unfortunately OSU didn’t have the correct timing for him!
Let’s see where the cards fall…

1 Like

Do you think they are going to have a season

I keep going back and forth. I think they might but how? It only will take one positive to take down two teams in one game…

They are talking about fans in the stands

Ha! Won’t be many! And what will ticket prices be like if only so many get in. If there’s high demand they’ll be outrageous!

As a college football junkie, I certainly hope we have some type of fall football. I think it hinges on if there are students in classes at the college or high school level. If there are no students they can’t justify having fall football.

My fellow Floridians, also known as toothless troglodytes, are doing all they can to ruin any chance of high school football or collegiate football here in Florida.

1 Like

Well they cancelled pre season. I’m going to watch how baseball goes

Watched a Twins game last night!! Still can’t get away from the “covid” word there either…
Very odd no screaming from the fans…
It’s still better than talking heads…
Sneezles61

I would think they would need to talk more. Wife and I plan on vegging out tonight on the couch for opening day. Fauci has got a ticket. He wears a Nationals face mask but he grew up in Brooklyn a Yankee fan. I would have guessed Mets

1 Like

Well that didn’t take long. 14 people on the Marlins staff and players positive for covid19. Phillies getting tested Yankees/Phillies cancelled tonight. Marlins shut down for more testing and cleaning. They got to figure this out or were not having football

1 Like

Just read that the NFL can discipline (fine) players who get covid19 by doing something averse to the guidelines. Interesting. Been watching some baseball and mask use in the dugout is lax