Brewing and Football

I was in San Diego so I got to watch this game over dinner and be in bed by 10. It was funny, I missed most of the first half cause we were eating at a Mexican Restaurant (SO GOOD!!!) and every TV had soccer on. Then this chill dude in a Roethlisberger Jersey sat down next to us and got the bartender to change to the football game. He was from Mexico City originally and his father took him to his very first football game a few years back and it just so happened to be that the Steelers were playing the Chargers when they were in San Diego and he has been an avid Steelers fan ever since. He was actually at this year’s San Diego game and said the stands were about 70% Steelers fans. Was fun guy to chat with, and finished up the game with him.

:beers:
Rad

I’m not a Steelers fan since I grew up with a local team but the Steelers are just one of those teams that alot of people root for. No matter where you are you will run into Steelers fans

That’s awesome @radagast. That 1st quarter was rough for us but that defense came through yet again. We watched the game at our local Primanti Bros and I was surprised to only see a handful of Steeler fans there for the game. As @brew_cat mentioned, you see Steelers fans everywhere, though. There was a TV announcer before that always said how Steelers fans travel well. No we don’t, we’re just everywhere!

How bout them Ravens? Sorry Steelers fans Lamar Jackson is alot more fun to watch than that Rudolph guy

Anybody that beats the Pats is a hero in my book! :joy:

Rad

2 Likes

Jackson was not intimidated or in awe like those idiot announcers jus another team to him

Can’t wait for a rematch in the playoffs

I agree with you but we also needed those Ratbirds to lose for our standing in North. Jackson is looking very good for sure, I just can’t stand that style of QB. There’s some very good football yet to be played!

Major " holy cow" with Gophers today!!! HOLY COW!! Sneezles61

2 Likes

I was a HUGE Gopher fan yesterday and loved every minute of it!

1 Like

Gophers were a pleasant surprise. And the LSU Bama game was great. Tons of action with tough hitting.

I recorded that one going to watch it later. Glad LSU won

Com’on Viks! Put together a win!

Both college and pro football is shaping up well with some great match ups yet to come. I’m a Canes fan so nothing to cheer about there but Steelers are giving us a pleasant surprise after losing Ben in week 2. Fantasy teams are looking solid heading in to last 3 regular season games. Love this time of year!

Pittsburghs defense seems to be carrying them. I’ve been playing them on fantasy. As far as the Vikes Im also playing Cook. I was in a pub yesterday and left my Giants hat behind. The waitress chased me out with it. I said damn I left that there on purpose. I guess I keep waring it.

1 Like

LMAO. That is hilarious! Our defense is definitely carrying us and Minka is putting up some Polamalu type numbers!

Wow, that was quite a finish last night. Loads of suspensions and fines. Loads of concussions. JuJu knocked out cold, Johnson bleeding from the ear, and Rudolph getting cracked with his own helmet.
That looked like a Bengals game. :flushed: We played like absolute garbage on offense all night, defense was decent, but man, that was not the game I expected to watch.

Rad

I turned it off with 2 minutes left and missed the only action there was apparently. Between suspensions and injuries, it’s not looking good for playoff hopes now.

1 Like

You Steelers fans got to be happy doing much better than I thought they would

1 Like

I thought the same thing watching that game. On a couple different backup QBs and 8-5.