Brewing and Football

A few surprises in NFL so far so it’ll be interesting as the weeks progress. Fantasy teams are doing well so far. Brees going down in week 2 helped me lose but I have Cousins as my backup. That dude makes a lot of money for the production he gives his team. We kicked another keg Sunday so I’ve really got to get to brewing. Love this time of year!

1 Like

That’s why I like my mighty Vikes… I really enjoy being let down… Sometimes mighty fast too! Sneezles61

1 Like

Kept waiting for the Lions to drop the other shoe yesterday. They did.

My Vikes where true to their game yesterday… Sneezles61

The good. My Giants squashed the Redskins.
The bad. My Bills, even though they put up a good fight lost to the the Pats. Both were undefeated. A questionable hit on starting QB Josh Allen sent him for mandatory concussion tests. If the bills had done that to Brady I think things would have been different. Oh well I had another beer and he will be OK by the looks of him jogging off the field.

I’m thinking of grabbing Josh Alan for a backup he looks to to have some value by the looks of his schedule. Dalvin Cook has been a beast I’m disappointed this week’s #s but I blame Cousins he looked awful. The Game Day Alt is scoring points though.

1 Like

@brew_cat I assume by backup you mean fantasy football?? I don’t play or really understand it.

The Bills actual backup Matt Barkley did a pretty good job I thought.

Yes fantasy team. This is my first season and it’s a blast. You should give it a try. @brewmanchu talked about some of us getting a league going and I’m all for it

Fantasy changes your whole perspective of Sunday football. I look forward to the live draft parties and fantasy season although I never fare too well. I’d definitely be game for running a league with fellow brewers, maybe put a few bottles of home brew on the line to make it worthwhile.

2 Likes

Count me in. Beginners luck here. I’m 4-0 and lead my league in pts. My recipe for success is just play who the experts pick. Everytime I try to over think and play who I think will get alot of pts I’m wrong. Oh well. Good thing I listened to my wife when someone offered me some nice players for D Cook she said " what the heck would you do that for" I actually think she said " your a f******* idiot"

2 Likes

Actually you know what’s fun is one of the guys drafted all NE players. He’s last in the league and is struggling do dump and pick up some Players. I guess that’s why it’s fantasy

Hey @brewmanchu if we do get a league here we will have to come up with a recipe and all do a takeoff on it

1 Like

There’s always a “homer” in the league and that guy usually sucks. NE players typically do well, but it’s a different player every week and no consistency for a fantasy team. My wife plays as well and almost always does better than I do. She’s reigning 3x champ in our 1 league.

1 Like

That would be awesome @brew_cat. I’ve done a beer I call Draft Day for the past few years’ live drafts. It’s a take on Tired Hands Pineal and has only lasted 2-3 weekends each time. We can come up with something and have that as our “prize” so the winner can taste and compare the others’ brews.

10 team league, winner gets 2 or 3 beers sent to him from each player.

Admit it, they held your interest for a change.

Is it too late to do the fantasy this year? I’m new to it as well but sounds like a blast!

Yup, they did.

I believe your able to join a public league on the ESPN fantasy site. Not sure how it works mid season but give it a try. It’s free and could be a learning experience at least.

Yep, that’s my thoughts as well.

@Grantmesteven it is too late for us to start a league but like @brewcat mentioned, some sites do offer mid-season leagues to give you a feel. Although you must draft well and watch the waiver wire, I feel that head to head matchups play the biggest role in fantasy.