Brewing and Football

Or maybe I am

I know… hind sight is 20/20… Sounded like our team’s kicker… BONK!!! To lose by inches… Sneezles61
And I got another 50/50 again… This has got to be the best winning streak I’ve been on! Oh Boy! Sneezles61

I’m up 1 on ya

1 Like

Unbelievable how that game ended. Now we gotta hear the Filthadelphia fans for 1 more week! I have the Rams and Chargers in our Playoff pool so I’m looking decent still

A radio morning show had that ball hitting the post earlier this season… mocking the Vikes and Packers… Now they can add one more… Perhaps we should be the NFC Bonk division? :joy: We’re out…:sleepy: Sneezles61

Trivia question. When did they move the goalposts to the back of the end zone

I don’t recall them being at the rear of the end zone when I was watching the Steelers in the 70’s. So I decided to check and was surprised by the actual answer. Which I will not divulge at this time.

Also… the posts got moved closer… BONK! sneezles61
Wrong… look at evolution of the NFL rules

That is surprising and was an interesting read.

Are you talking about the sports illustrated article? I couldn’t get the link

Yes the SI article. Here’s the link.

As a kid, the tree in the middle of the field played an important part of the game and got MVP many years in a row. I think the kids nowadays, playing in the same field, don’t pay enough respect to stumpy, the remains of that old tree. They will someday when stumpy breaks someone’s toe.

1 Like

Reminds me of our lot where we played sandlot. Someone put their weekend house in deep center with alot of picture windows. If you hit the roof it was a home run if you hit the wall you were out. Our own monster I guess. Wasn’t green. Surprisingly no windows got broken. Actually we never thought about that. We were golden.

1 Like

See those 2 big oaks… thats your side… That maple next to the birch? Thats mine… Lets play! :grinning: Sneezles61

1 Like

Same setup here. We had two houses that were basically distant outfield/homerun distance, one was our house. As we got older the balls began to carry further. Broke two windows with a baseball(my old man not happy)…had to switch to “tennis ball”, basically baseball with a tennis ball to reduce carnage.

Auto Parts shop there now…sigh.

Still a lot where we played never see anyone playing ball there anymore. I guess the old people got their wish no hooligans roaming the old neighborhood to holler at

1 Like

What’s with field goals and e extra points

No kiddin’! What a poor showing by the colts.

No surprises Saturday

I was a wishin’ on the colts… Mahomes has an incredible arm… Rams did well…Sneezles61