Brewing All Grain inside

I brew inside 5 gallon batches without any problems even with the moisture its not a problem, actual helps with the dry air in the house during the cold months.

I brew everything indoors on the stove now as an all grain brewer. I bought a 9 gallon pot and found it definitely fits over two burners. But I experimented first to make sure it would work. All I did was put 6.5 gallons of water in the pot and set it over the two burners. Took quite awhile the first time until I figured out to get it to boil to just put the lid on. Cut the time in half literally. Then when you have a rolling boil just take the lid off and you should be good.

I use a 48 quart picnic cooler as my mash tun and I use that inside as well. So I drain the mash, which is at about 150 or so, into the kettle and throw the lid on until boil. MAYBE 20 minutes at the most if that. I will seriously recommend that you line the top of your stove the best you can with something like aluminum foil just in case you get any stains or boil overs. PAIN in the ARSE to clean up so the foil helps me a lot.

I also use my wort chiller in the sink. I use a washing machine hose to connect the water. I just take the faucet adapter off and then screw in the adapter from the jet rinse thing I have and connect the hose that way. No drips of any kind. Then I just let the water drain into the sink right down the drain. Perfect. I just did a 5 gallon Irish Red this past Saturday on the stove and my wort chiller cooled it down from boil to 70 in about 12 minutes.

Every aspect of my brewing is done in my kitchen and I love it. I have the ability to do it outside as well but I live in NY and it is a frozen tundra right now. But the key to stovetop brewing in my opinion is the two burners and the lid. But experiment first with water and see what happens. That way if it doesn’t work you are only out 7 gallons of water. Happy brewing!!!