Brew pot thermometer/ball valve quesition

My current brew pot is 8 gallon and i want to start using it for all grain.
There is no ball valve or thermometer on it.
I was think either getting a weldless stainless steel 3 peice ball valve and either a weldless brewometer or maybe a digital thermometer with a probe. I’ve seen some of those that have min/max temp alarms and timer.

Which thermometer is best for all grain? If it’s the digital with probe does anybody have a recommendation?

Do I need to get a blichmann 3 peice ball valve or is that overkill?

Thanks!!!

[quote=“crud99”]My current brew pot is 8 gallon and i want to start using it for all grain.
There is no ball valve or thermometer on it.
I was think either getting a weldless stainless steel 3 peice ball valve and either a weldless brewometer or maybe a digital thermometer with a probe. I’ve seen some of those that have min/max temp alarms and timer.

Which thermometer is best for all grain? If it’s the digital with probe does anybody have a recommendation?

Do I need to get a blichmann 3 peice ball valve or is that overkill?

Thanks!!![/quote]

If you brew pot works for extract brewing, it will work for AG brewing with out modifications.

I use a basic AL turkey pot and, thermometer, and SS racking cane.

Now, if you want to add these things, that is another story.

I curretnly have a digital thermometer short stick that I’ve tried to use in the past, but when I stick my figures in the pot they start burning. I probably really need a long thermometer which is probably $20.
So for $10 extra I could get a real nice blichmann brewometer.

So there are no adverse affects from racking from brew pot versus using a ball valve?

Some people dump the full contents of the boil kettle into the fermenter (hops and all). Others rack. Other have valves. All process make good beer.

How do you currently transfer your beer?