Brew in a bag grain absorption rate question?

Hello I am wounding what would one’s grain absorption rate would be for someone that squeezers there bag has it is draining??

That depends on how long you want to monkey with it… There comes a time you have to decide to brew or try get an extra cup out of the grist…
Personally mine drips above the kettle… As its heating up… Once I reach about 190*F, I’ll get the grist out of the way and brew.
Sneezles61

I sparge and squeeze. Sparging is more important than squeezing IMO

2 Likes

When ever I squeeze, I get too much sugar from the grain and no flavor.

That does not make any sense…
Sneezles61

I agree that I cannot understand how that would be possible. You cannot squeeze the flavor out of something. If you are saying that your beers have a higher OG when you squeeze and sparge and that makes the beer more alcoholic… yes that I can believe because that is the point of doing it. I still would doubt you can accurately taste the difference between a squeezed beer and a non-squeezed

1 Like

Shhhhh! as @dannyboy58 knows, don’t let the German super tasters hear you! :joy:

1 Like

Grain absorption can’t be controlled by squeezing. It is what it is. When you squeeze you’re only wringing out water that’s still trapped in between grains. You’re not squeezing water from the actual kernel of grain. You won’t get more out of squeezing than you would get if you just let it drain for a long time. You’re just speeding up the process.

@irishjoe that’s nonsense.

@voodoo_donut hahaha yup

1 Like

That is an opinion!

1 Like

Yes it is and you’ve every right to it.

Sorry if you’re offended by mine.

1 Like

I am not.

1 Like