I started to make this post, and realized it was going to be obscenely long, and nobody would really want to read it. Key points:
- I installed new stuff in my system.
- Old stuff in my system failed as a direct result of new stuff installed.
- I dumped 26 lb of grain and about 15 gallons water from failed attempt.
- I started the whole process over thinking i had fixed the problem.
- I had misdiagnosed, and didn’t fix the problem.
- I spent 11 hours on 10 gallons. I also accumulated a few burns, and drew blood twice.
- I busted my ass to mash way thinner, 2 degrees below where I wanted, and missed my OG target by .009
- It’s still gonna be a good beer, i solved problems that wont be problems in the future, and I’m ready to brew again tomorrow.
To be honest, it was my turn. I’ve never had a rough brew day before, and you can’t avoid them forever. Hope ya’ll had smoother brewing than I did today!