Brew day. 2 sessions

For this day been planning. A few weeks. A. Vannila stout. 0g 1075. And a change in plan. A pale ale. They want. Getting ready. To clean sanatise. Firts 10 gal brewsession around 8 this morning. Next one around. 1 this afternoon. Got my daughter helping me. With suplly of ice to cool the wort. Created new system last week. With my wortchiller. Run the hoses of wortchiller to a ice bucket. So it circulates the cold water. With a. Bilgepump. Did test with. Water. Seems to work. If not. Lift the. Boilkettle. Stick it in the ice water.

3 Likes

Sticking your kettle in a snowdrift during a blizzard does not work to cool your wort because the snow becomes a very good insulator. I tried that but I guess you don’t have blizzards where you are.

1 Like

I’m sorry if I misunderstand you, but use your chiller with straight water. Once it gets to the point it won’t cool anymore, or you think your to the point where the ice will cool it to pitching temps, hit it with the ice.

What i do let the water or ice water in this case run to my wort chiller.it circulates back in my ice bath. It sort of works cools the wort down in about 20 min. Only down fall. Have to add more ice. The water comes back. Once run to the wort chiller warm. Total ice bags is use on 10 gal wort. 6 bags

Me all done brewing. Now fire up the bbq. Few drinks time to call it quit

1 Like

I use tap water in my chiller and the winter water temps do make my chilling faster.