Brett Trois Ferment Temps

Have a 1.052 100% brett saison going at 66, its been pretty vigorous at that temp since saturday when i pitched. Just curious as to others’ experiences with brett trois ferment temps.

I’ve only used it once, at 74. It seemed to do fine, still took a few weeks to finish out, and it did so without any apparent off flavors (I brewed it about a month ago and just tapped it last night). It really performs much more like a sacc. yeast than any other brett I’ve used.

I’m pretty sure its a blend of bruxellensis and a sacc yeast. How is your beer tasting? My grain bill was pretty simple: 4# white wheat, 8# pilsner, 0.5# english caramalt. .5oz galaxy @ bittering, then a 30 minute galaxy hopstand with 2oz. Have high hopes for this one. Will probably jack the temp to 72 today, then 74 this weekend.

I added it to a saison when the Sacc dropped out, which was also when I added about 6 lbs of crushed blackberries. It added a nice tart finish IMHO.

it ferments fine provided you pitch enough, you are on the low end of temp, I would raise it after a few days to help finish

Nah it’s a pure strain of brett isolated by Avery brewing from a bottle of Drie Fontinen. The beer is outstanding… it’s a fairly standard tasting IPA with just a hint of over-ripe fruit in the nose. Nothing like the leather wallet aroma I’ve seen from other strains of brett b.

[quote=“Wahoo”]
Nah it’s a pure strain of brett isolated by Avery brewing from a bottle of Drie Fontinen. The beer is outstanding… it’s a fairly standard tasting IPA with just a hint of over-ripe fruit in the nose. Nothing like the leather wallet aroma I’ve seen from other strains of brett b.[/quote]

just read that in American Sour Beers!

My high hopes are still high, especially since I just blew my keg of IIPA this weekend. We’ve had a lot of visitors with a new baby!

wow. took a sample of this last night, and its spectacular. Just a hint of earthy funk, but overall a bright, tropical (hopefully the yeast working with the galaxy hop stand) pale ale/saison. Gravity was at 1.006, or 88% apparent attenuation. Probably going to cold crash soon and keg this sucker up.