Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Bravo Northern Brewer!

I recently ordered a plastic bigmouth bubbler 5 gal fermentor and accessories from Northern Brewer over the phone. Being a “rookie” I didn’t know that I needed a drilled stopper for the airlock, and when the stuff arrived I opened the box and realized my error.

I called NB and complained that the guy on their end should have suggested that I needed the drilled stopper as I had originally told them I was unsure of my needs.

I would not have minded paying the $.79 for the drilled stopper, but wanted to avoid the $7.99 shipping charge.

To my surprise and delight, NB apologized, shipped me two of the drilled stoppers and a pint beer glass I had not ordered all free of change including free shipping!!

Wish more companies were that customer oriented.

In contrast I finally got a refrigerator that worked on the third delivery and they were all new ones.

[quote=“lazy ant brewing”]I recently ordered a plastic bigmouth bubbler 5 gal fermentor and accessories from Northern Brewer over the phone. Being a “rookie” I didn’t know that I needed a drilled stopper for the airlock, and when the stuff arrived I opened the box and realized my error.

I called NB and complained that the guy on their end should have suggested that I needed the drilled stopper as I had originally told them I was unsure of my needs.

I would not have minded paying the $.79 for the drilled stopper, but wanted to avoid the $7.99 shipping charge.

To my surprise and delight, NB apologized, shipped me two of the drilled stoppers and a pint beer glass I had not ordered all free of change including free shipping!!

Wish more companies were that customer oriented.

In contrast I finally got a refrigerator that worked on the third delivery and they were all new ones.[/quote]

NB has always done right by my too.

With regard to the fridge…let me guess…Sears?

Lowe’s and Frigidaire. Most of my complaint is with the manufacturer, although Lowe’s wasted several hours of my time by not showing up to deliver the last fridge at the time they had agreed to.

[quote=“dannyboy58”]
With regard to the fridge…let me guess…Sears?[/quote]
A very long time ago, I needed a repair from them, on the fridge that was a wedding/housewarming gift from my parents. Repair dude was a no-show.

Somehow they claimed the guy was given my parent’s address. When I called in the repair, the subject of how the fridge was purchased was only, “was the fridge purchased from Sears?” We never discussed it beyond that. By this time it was after hours, so they wanted an extra fee if I still wanted someone to come out. (!!!) I ended up having to be transferred a few times, and FINALLY they authorized an after-hours call without the after-hours fee. Only grudgingly acknowledging that it was their screwup that sent the repair guy to the wrong address.

As I was waiting for the second dispatch, I called my parents. Are you ready for this… No one showed up there either. (???)

When the second repair guy showed, he looked at it for about 10 minutes, and then tolds us replacing it would be cheaper than fixing. We could have spent the evening fridge shopping had the first guy actually come on time. Instead we had to take a second day off to go shopping, and at that stage in our lives, days off were hard to take. We’ve been Anywhere-But-Sears shoppers since.

I’ve got no love for Sears either. Forty years ago I bought a freezer from them, but not the warranty.

They called about every other day wanting to sell me an overpriced warranty I didn’t need. I finally called their manager and told him to either come get it and refund the purchase price or get the telesales staff to stop calling me.

Plugged the freezer in and used it for thirty years. Eventually unplugged it and let it sit unused for 5 more years before selling it. Never had a single problem with the unit – only with SEARs.

But the “straw that broke the camels back” came on another shoppong trip when I needed an answer in the store. After hunting for 5 minutes to find somebody to ask, the gal was fresh off the boat from Eastern Europe and had to write down my question and go find someone else to answer it. Another 5 minutes later and I got a snippy clerk with a poor attitude and still no answer to my question.

Haven’t been back to Sears since and won’t b e any time soon.

NB has top notch customer service.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

I have had nothing but issues with Sears. Not just once, but almost every time. As far as Lowes, they have been the opposite. I know in a way Lowes just in turns hires outside contractors, but eacj time it has run very smoothly, no issues with multiple appliances, tile work, and carpeting.

As far as NB, they seem to be a great company. I kind of think the employees at NB or other more specialized companies like this tend to work there because they have such a passion and love for the industry, and really actually want to be there. it shows. I have had 1-2 issues (out of 40-45 + orders, many with 2-3 kits) and each time they have resolved quickly and in some cases went even beyond what i would of expected

Yeah, Northern Brewer has never let me down either. If there is a problem with one of my orders, which is rare; they have always made it right.

I owe a shout-out to Todd H of NB’s customer service.

I recently had a problem with my Captain Crush mill, he offered to exchange it, which is awesome on it’s own. He also helped expedite getting the replacement shipped, so assuming UPS is on the ball, I’ll be able to brew over the upcoming holiday weekend. That’s going above and beyond.

Bravo! Thanks Todd!

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com